Today's Top Five: Roy Hibbert's Hair
This isn't from a blog; it's from Official Georgetown Beat Writer Camille Powell, who recognizes breaking Bog news when she sees it.
Last Friday, Roy told reporters he would not cut his hair the rest of the season, explaining that he's trying to grow an afro "like Josh Childress."
Secondary Official Beat Writer Barker Davis asked if that was so he can claim to be 7-6, and Roy replied, "Yeah, you could say that." I'd prefer about 800 more words on the topic, but that'll have to wait.
1) Was Pete Carroll the mystery candidate? Were there more than one mystery candidates? Does Carroll need a win in Florida to maintain his viability as a mystery candidate? Sports By Brooks explores.
2) It's been a long struggle for Art Monk and the Hall of Fame. This is an issue that strikes at the very core of Redskins fandom for reasons that elude people who aren't part of that culture. But, understand it or not, surely you can agree that the thing Monk needs to push him over the edge is a 9,948-word footnoted essay in his defense. Coach Mike Frandsen obliges.
3) Here's a newish online D.C.-focused college basketball magazine type thing. It's called Tee's Weekly, and it's run by Bog readers.
4) Because I've never linked to their site, here's the Van Buren Boys, bringing you the Pat Ewing block/goaltend in slow-mo.
5) We all saw Alex Ovechkin trying the old out-of-mid-air trick with a floor hockey ball at a middle school. Then he decided to bust it out at All-Star Weekend. Video at On Frozen Blog.
Also, just for the heck of it, here's an impersonation of my writing style, I guess. Whatever. Here's Rich Chvotkin's call of the ending of that G'town game.
The comments to this entry are closed.