D.C. United's Well-Dressed Addition

Bobby who?

I'm making my long-awaited return to Goff land, aka Estadio RFK, this morning. I don't have much to say in advance, seeing as how I couldn't pick 75 percent of the team out of a lineup at this point, but if this is indeed Quavas Kirk's MySpace page, well, I'm never going to refuse a player with photos of himself whose captions include "daaaaamn pimps in action" and "real men pimp pink." What's this all about? From a long-ago audio Q&A:

Me, I just love different colored suits, just to stand out from the crowds, that's me. I've got from blue, gold, black pin striped, pink, white with red. These are my game day suits. My favorite one is the gold one. It's nice. [Teammates] always call me Baby Shaq or Shannon Sharpe, all this other stuff.

Baby Shaq? D.C. United has a pink-suit wearing 19-year-old kid nicknamed Baby Shaq? And also Little Ezra? Why is this site not up yet?

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 28, 2008; 11:06 AM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Postseason Seedings: Clearing, Getting Muddled
Next: The Caps' New Goalie

Comments

Welcome back, Dan. We've missed you.

Posted by: seahawkdad | February 28, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

The Soccer Gods taketh away, but the Soccer Gods also giveth...

Posted by: EdTheRed | February 28, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Kirk is going to be traded before we even get to see him wear the Black and Red accents if you keep this going.

Posted by: sitruc | February 28, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

While we're on the myspace photo snooping... you failed to mention the picture of Kirk with his arm draped around 50.

Posted by: 50 Cent to Barra Brava | February 28, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Dan,

Marc Burch, Rod Dyachenko, and now Quavis Kirk are now added to the DC United curse-list......

Posted by: Kim | February 28, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

No! I'll give you any cheese you like if you please just stay away from DCU.

Seriously, any cheese.