Hoos Say: Virginia Virginia Virginia
In recent days, some posters over at The Sabre's Virginia football message board have gotten irritated at the frequency of banner ads that have something to do with Virginia Tech. The explanation they've been given is that they write about Virginia Tech so much that Google Ads has decided they're interested in the Hokies, and has chosen its ads accordingly. And so, to combat this scourge, the Virginia fans have responded with posts like these:
* "Here's the solution: UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa"
* "Virginia Cavaliers Virginia Cavaliers Virginia Cavaliers Virginia Cavaliers UVa"
* "UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa UVa"
* "I saw an ad for UVA Cavaliers Jerseys. I want one of those. UVA Cavaliers."
* "Which Cavaliers are you talking about? The Virginia Cavaliers?"
* "Yes, the Cavaliers from the University of Virginia"
* "Crap...still there....needs some more..... UVa UVa UVa UVa"
It's times like these when I'm convinced that Internet message boards are all a construct of some alien psych department, whose seven-armed four-eyed grad students are right now preparing alien dissertations about University of Virginia fans.
Luckily, a few Hoos have showed an excellent sense of humor about all this, as evidenced by the following posts:
* "They understand UVA athletics--I got Atrial Fibrilation."
* "On the hoops board, it'll probably be ads for Titanic memorabilia ......"
* "Porn, Porn, Porn, Porn, Porn, Porn....I mean UVa. UVa."
* "Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! UVA!"
Figure any day now, ExtremeSkins is gonna be overrun by Google ads for head coaching positions at West Roxbury Middle School.
(Thanks to Reader Scott for the tip.)
Posted by: NTPNate | February 8, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | February 8, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: leslie shepherd's flock | February 8, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: sitruc | February 9, 2008 2:03 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.