Jim Zorn Presser Highlights
My favorite parts of the Jim Zorn press conference:
* "I've got to get our center to tweak his rear end up a bit." Really. Something about Jason Campbell being too tall, and having to squat down too low, and not being explosive off the line of scrimmage. If there's one guy on this team who will appreciate being told to tweak his rear end, it's Casey Rabach.
* He referred to Mr. Snyder as "Dan." About a gazillion times. "Mr. Snyder" may be no more. Long live "Dan."
* He praised The Post's "Quarterback Sneak" headline, earning widespread support among the key copy editor constituency. (The fact that we now have two blogs about this shows how easily coaches can manipulate the media.)
* If I'm not mistaken, he said that his family members were excited to start wearing "maroon and black." And I think he added "and yellow." I believe he now has the Redskins confused with the University of Chicago Maroons. I also believe this will be in the first four paragraphs of at least 50 percent of tomorrow's stories.
* He noted that an insta-react poll last night had his support at somewhere north of 40 percent, which, he pointed out, was higher than the president's. If I'm not mistaken, he later used the phrase "fired up and ready to go." Classic Obama supporter, no doubt.
* Dan described the board he and "Vinny" assembled featuring 50 names, with photos and bios. All I could think of was the Web site for DC101's Water Wars, where contestants were listed with their fake names and, I think, head shots, which were then covered up with a big red X after they were eliminated. Regardless, that's what I want to have happened in Dan's war room, some unpaid intern striding to the front of the room with a red marker to draw a bright X through the faces of the 49 losers, while only Zorn remains pure, smiling out into the room.
Posted by: jim giammo | February 10, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: thigh master | February 10, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: twoeightnine | February 10, 2008 10:38 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.