Today's Top 5: Name of the Year is Back
1) The Name of the Year bracket is out, and it's a doozy. There are no longer any easy outs in the NOTY first round, but I think Pansy Ho against Xtra Malibu Moore is a particular bloodbath.
2) This is the best photo that has ever been published regarding the GW men's basketball team. I believe if you placed Conrad Espew and Karl Hobbs in the same room, neither one would emerge without having undergone significant life changes. That's from Shorpy.
3) Since it's a Colonial kinda day, this is way old, and it's been deemed dozens of times that Soulja Boy renditions shall never again be blogworthy, but c'mon, Big George AND Little George? Cranking dat together? It's impossible to watch this and not think, "Gosh, I wonder what emotion the father of our country would fee if he knew that, 209 years after his death, a life-sized mascot bearing his likeness would join with a giant-headed caricature of his face on a basketball court, blithely dancing to the words 'Superman dat --!' Pride, most likely.
4) A terrific photo of Donald Brashear choking the life out of Sheldon Brookbank. "He got me with a couple in the ear. If he hits me flush, it's going to do some damage," Brookbank said. Via On Frozen Blog.
5) Terps blogger doesn't think Maryland deserves a bid absent a 3-0 finish or an appearance in the ACC final. And good luck with that.
[Note: Every pessimistic and/or optimistic statement I've made about the Terps this year has been proven wrong.]
The comments to this entry are closed.