Today's Top Five: Gil = Puff, Zorn Shirts
1) Gilbert's blogging again, and he's talking about the Wizards (he's running at 70 percent, he needs a month of practice, he still wants to come off the bench) and talking about the league (he liked what the Suns and Lakers did and thinks David West's "West" all-star jersey will be "the bomb" talking trash about other NBA players. (You don't give away Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown and a rookie. I don't care what's out there, you can get more than that. You gave away a $100 bill and you got back two nickels and a dime.")
But clearly the highlight comes at the end, when he elaborates on the tragic and possibly offensive shaving incident discussed here last week. The highlight:
Everything hurt - putting tights on, no tights, jock straps - we tried everything and it didn't work. So what I decided to do was after I put my compression shorts on, I taped them to my leg around my thigh and I just poured a whole bottle of baby powder in there.
Against L.A. I remember driving to the hole and got hit by Keyon Dooling and all you see is POOF, a cloud of smoke of baby powder. That's what I'm saying, it's funny now at 26-years old laugh at it, but it hurt then.
My teammates used to be like, "Oh, there goes Puff the Magic Dragon."
2) Every Jim Zorn/Daniel Snyder photoshop you could ever imagine, plus a Tom Cruise one, culled from the internetz on Thighs Wide Shut. Some of the ancillary images are possibly offensive and possibly NSFW, but what would you expect from a site called Thighs Wide Shut? And "A Star is Zorn" would make an excellent t-shirt. (See also: a profanity-laced tirade from Unsilent Majority at Kissing Suzy Kolber, which caused me to laugh in sustained merriment at least once.)
3) Speaking of Zorn t-shirts, here's the first one I've seen, from the gents at Deuce of Davenport. Buy the Zorn model over here. (See also: Frank Hanrahan's equally excellent Zornish t-shirt design, urging fans to Kneel Before Zorn.)
4) I ignored all this over the weekend, but the Wash Times's Outlet blog gives a full rundown of commentary on Eddie Jordan accusing the Nuggets of being classless as Melo got his career high. Here's Mike Jones's take: "Melo going for another six points was pretty harmless. What DID look bad was the way he abused the Wizards."
5) Not a blog, but here's Charles Barkley endorsing the coaching acumen of VCU's Anthony Grant and saying his departure is just a matter of time. And to the question of whether South Carolina isn't big-time enough, "That's in the SEC, bro. Steve Spurrier's there," Barkley said. "I think you can win in the SEC. Yeah, you can win in the SEC."
Posted by: Larry Brown | February 11, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.