Wiz Celebrity Sightings

Batista, rocking the Wes.

I'm not sure how long this feature has existed, but the official Celebrity Sightings Gallery on the Wizards' site is the best possible way to spend 52 seconds at work. It includes a comprehensive look at the 26 celebrities who have been spotted at the Verizon Center this year, and it pretty much ruthlessly makes clear that we could use a few more celebrities in our lives.

For the record, exactly half of the 26 are either current or past stars of local sports teams, or are actually employed by the Wizards.

(Those would be Cal Ripken, Ryan Zimmerman, Darrell Green, Shawn Springs, Chris Samuels, Clinton Portis, Jason Campbell, Carlos Rogers, Vernon Davis, Willis McGahee, Marcello Gallardo, Freddy Adu and Big Tigger. No Ovechkin. Odd.)

Freddy, looking fly, near Santa.

That leaves us to decide between Mya, Usher, MC Hammer, James Earl Jones, Eva Longoria, Tim Russert and the Geico Caveman as our biggest celebrity guest. L.A. must be horribly, horribly jealous.

In the best-dressed category, I've got it down between the WWE's Batista and Freddy, with an honorable mention to Carlos Rogers's bling.

Not sure about celebrity sightings last night (although Ovechkin and his new girlfriend were in the stands), but the big news was apparently the tossing of a towel and cup of water. I've watched this several times, and all I can say is that the world would be a better place if more teammates (Brendan? Etan?) chose to resolve their differences via water fights.

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 20, 2008; 11:54 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mason vs. VCU Pep Band War
Next: Another Entertaining Boudreau

Comments

Art Monk was in the house last night.

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | February 20, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Not only was Art Monk there, he got the loudest cheers all night.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 20, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Are these celebrities that the Wizards themselves spotted? Because Tim Russert HAS to be a go on this list.

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | February 20, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Carlos Rodgers totally stole my jacket

Posted by: thigh master | February 20, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Ryan Zimmerman just looked confused. Somehow I get the feeling this is not unusual for him.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 20, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Batista is a local guy too, no?

Posted by: prophet | February 20, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

I don't see what the Knick players were fighting for, hell, they won! If anything someone should have threw a wet towel at someone for the last play at then end of regulation. That play and the Wiz sucked last night. Auggghhhhh!!

Posted by: Anonymous | February 20, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

I once saw MJ at a game. Oh wait...

Posted by: JDP | February 20, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

I know Dominique Dawes went to UMD, but I don't know if she was a gymnast there. if she was, she would be a local athlete, yes?

Posted by: liz | February 20, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

John Walsh from America's Most Wanted was at the game last night

Posted by: Vibha | February 20, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

I think Dominique was on the team at UMD. And Ovy certainly counts as a celebrity. Do political figures count? I know there are alot of those and media types at the games.

Of the ones listed, either Cal, Eva, Usher or James Earl Jones. Toss up.

Posted by: EricS | February 20, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse