Wiz Win, Buckhantz Screams

Before watching this classic Buckhantz offering, bear in mind that on Washington Post Live yesterday evening, I made the following two claims:

1) The Wiz were cooked, at least for this week's road games.

2) As solid as he's been, the Wiz don't want DeShawn Stevenson taking the last shot, because Antawn Jamison should take every last shot even if he's covered by six guys plus the dance team.

So those both turned out to be pretty prescient claims.

Thanks to Odenized for the video.

Also, you'll note that DeShawn seemed to be able to feel his face after that game, or at least didn't signify to the contrary in his post-shot celebration, although he did pop his jersey an awful lot. But speaking of face feeling, reader Mark points out that Barnsley captain Brian Howard, in an F.A. Cup Round of 16 upset of Liverpool, seemed very clearly not to be able to feel his face at the 2:16 or so mark of this video. Did the Barnsley captain borrow from DeShawn, or has DeShawn been watching Sky Sports in his free time, or are both, independently, fans of Tony Yayo? Either way, amazing.

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 26, 2008; 8:53 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Local Poll Week 15: MAAC Daddies
Next: Kornheiser Names His Blogging Enemy

Comments

You mean Lil' Wayne.

And DeShawn hasn't been not feeling his face for a while now as far as I can tell.

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | February 26, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

I watched the game last night and as happy as I was that the Wizards won, I spent more time and energy wondering why he took a step back on the last shot.

Posted by: sitruc | February 26, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Gil will start a "I-Can't-Feel-My -Crotch" craze when he comes back?

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | February 26, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

I think the Wizards need to pair up Buckhantz and these soccer announcers. Someone would almost definitely have an aneurysm during a game.

Posted by: Colin | February 26, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Things in life better than a Buckhantz DAGGER call:

Posted by: DBKAlum | February 26, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

It is Tony Yayo, though

Posted by: Anonymous | February 26, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Howard was clearly channeling John Cena.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 26, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

So people in England watch other guys watch the game and freak out when they score? What's wrong with them? No wonder we revolutionary warred against them...

Posted by: RC | February 26, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

FA Cup references/coverage in the Bog!! My day is complete.

Posted by: Mike in SD | February 26, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse