Freddy Adu has a Lady Friend

Freddy and friend. (By Ned Dishman/NBAE via Getty Images)

Or a friend who's a lady, anyhow. This photo refers to the unidentified woman with Freddy at last night's Wizards game only as a "companion, but those are some awfully googly eyes for a companion." In any case, Freddy might soon join Jason Campbell, Carlos Rogers and Alex Ovechkin on the "non-basketball playing D.C.-connected athlete most likely to be seen at the Verizon Center" list.

[UPDATE: Sources tell the WaPo that Freddy and this lady friend were, in fact, just friends. Old family friends. It's still a nice photo.}

By Dan Steinberg  |  March 24, 2008; 2:09 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Duke Coach Rips Terps Fans
Next: On Duke and Hatred, Part I

Comments

Wait...that's not JoJo!

Posted by: silentbob | March 24, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Ai-chi-wah-wah!

Posted by: Arlington Pimp | March 24, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Seeing as I live in Portugal most of the basketball and hockey seasons, do not expect to see us at Verizon Center very often.

Posted by: Freddy | March 24, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Soccer Guys get all the gals!

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | March 24, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

David Beckham scoffs. Rihanna does a double take.

Posted by: StetSports.com | March 24, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, my husband yells at me when I'm distracted at games, but I enjoyed that she came in alone, quickly made her way to the front row where Freddy's male friend no longer sat, and within 15 minutes had Freddy leaving the VC for a while... Good fast work Freddy.

Posted by: Charitypongathon.com | March 24, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Steinz, when will we see you back at the VC?

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | March 24, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

He's already on their steinz

Posted by: YNMAAR | March 24, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

go freddy!

Posted by: Anonymous | March 24, 2008 6:42 PM | Report abuse

I saw this mentioned in the comments on the Soccer Insider and joked, but damn. Good job Mr. Adu.

Posted by: sitruc | March 24, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse

i was sitting right there last night and the best part was when a guy passing by to his courtside seats tripped over the raised floor, right by where Freddy was sitting. Some guy jokingly yelled at Freddy for slide tackling the guy but he claimed he didn't touch him.

Posted by: nats_fan | March 24, 2008 8:05 PM | Report abuse

Hot chicks always go for the soccer dudes... baseboring and fatball players' cahjones are all shrunk up 'cuz of the steriods. :)

Posted by: lando | March 25, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse

I'm sure staying in DC an extra few days will help him get a first team place at Benifica...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wound up back in the MLS after the Olympics.

Posted by: Rob | March 25, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

why does this "18 year old" have a beer in his cupholder?

Posted by: the real question | March 25, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

It looks like water and not the piss type.

Posted by: sitruc | March 25, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

I think that is Olive Oil's sis.

Posted by: Oslord | March 26, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Wow... it's the first time I've seen or heard about Freddy for a while! Considering I'm a portuguese hardcore soccer fan living in Lisbon (though I support Benfica's rival team), that can't be good!

Posted by: Andre | March 26, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse