March Madness in Tenleytown

What elements make Tenleytown the top sports destination in the District tomorrow night? Perennial Pat League power and AU-tormenter Holy Cross is coming to town, there's a regular season championship to defend, it's a chance to avenge the home loss on Phil Bender Day, it could get us one step closer to a Navy-American final. And also, the Eagles have some sort of vaguely bird-like mascot that talks like Darth Vader.

Reminder: This is the team that beat Maryland at home.

Reminder: This is your last chance to wring further enjoyment out of the Big South tourney and the NIT and possibly win a signed John Feinstein book and/or foam finger by entering the Atlantic 11 March Challenge. Entries due by 6:59 pm.

By Dan Steinberg  |  March 4, 2008; 4:23 PM ET
Categories:  College Basketball
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wiz Painting Skills
Next: Crucify Holy Cross: AU's Cheer Sheet

Comments

Big ups to T Town!

Posted by: Justin | March 4, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

AU is the greatest basketball team in Northwest DC above Reservoir Road. Take that!

Posted by: Jeff | March 4, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Oh man. That almost makes me ashamed to go here.

Hahahahahahaha....almost

Posted by: clawed? | March 4, 2008 6:31 PM | Report abuse

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know the games are free.

Posted by: KC in DC | March 4, 2008 7:25 PM | Report abuse

Looking for a recent article I came across this blog...I can't figure out if Steinberg was picked on as a kid and just lashing out or has a complex for the goofy looking cranium? Any ideas on why this punk on the playground is allowed to play here?

Posted by: Steve n DC | March 4, 2008 9:11 PM | Report abuse

Since I'm a nice person on the Internet, I'll just say this is a bog, Steve n DC, not a blog.

Posted by: sitruc | March 4, 2008 9:24 PM | Report abuse

If this had been made back in December, I think Georgetown would have shown it on the big screen as a Rival Reels making fun of American.

Posted by: Johnny | March 5, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

i know it says tenleytown/AU on the metro stop, dan, but isn't the AU campus in the spring valley neighborhood?

Posted by: IMGoph | March 7, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse