Today's Top Five: Ovechspeak, and Duke Hate
1) Q: Is it possible to score a goal with a head in hockey? Ovechkin: It is doable. But you shouldn't try - because you can injure yourself very seriously, so that you won't even realize whether it was you who scored the goal, maybe you won't even remember your own name. You use your head to think. And also, as boxers say, you use it to eat.
(On Frozen Blog, and clearly I should have linked to this earlier, but once it went all mainstream....)
2) A Duke student columnist seems to be veering dangerously close to Duke hatred:
"As a member of the second class since 1985 to leave Duke without enjoying a Final Four trip, I'm not happy with how this team, just like last year's, struggled down the stretch....I certainly appreciate the effort the team put forth Saturday and don't doubt DeMarcus Nelson was trying his damndest. But Duke students don't sleep in the cold for two months just to see players give it their all."
Oh, the pathos. My heart bleeds for the Duke students who slept in the cold for two months only to be rewarded with a 28-6 disaster and a mere three wins over Sweet 16 teams. (The Chronicle Online)
3) How did I miss the fact that the two ringleaders of the Nats Junk Food Purge are both gone, once again giving free reign to the clubhouse fatties. (Capitol Punishment, but also covered by Bad Nats.)
4) Phillip Daniels is power-lifting, and the video evidence is all over the YouTubes. I'm remembering that two Redskins defensive linemen did strong man weight drills last offseason. I'm remembering that both were soon cut by the team. Bad sign, Phillip. But good lifting out. (FanHouse via MI)
5) The Post now has a lacrosse blog with a very long name and an incredibly admirable author, which promises to do for that stick-and-ball sport what Soccer Insider has done for that foot-and-ball sport. Read it. Live it. If you don't get it....
Posted by: Casanova | March 27, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: bjc | March 27, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: StetSports.com | March 27, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: bjc | March 27, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Eddie C | March 27, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Kim | March 27, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Lindemann | March 27, 2008 6:19 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: northernsoulfan | March 27, 2008 8:15 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: OrderedChaos | March 28, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Icantfeelmyface | March 28, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.