Wizards Party, Make Hand Signs

Don't get it. Help?

Over the weekend, an anonymous party person sent me five photos of the Wizards having fun on the town while making hand signs. Apparently this party person sent the same five photos to the Wizznutzz, which managed to post them about 48 hours before I got around to it. So I'll just give you a taste of the magic here, and encourage you to check out the full gallery.

Clearly, these particular hand signs have gone over my head, or over my knuckles, or wherever inscrutable hand signs go. But it's nice to see Oleksiy Pecherov's quest to learn the intricate mores of American life does not stop at the locker room door.

Also, having now posted about D.C.-connected soccer players with unidentified women, and now D.C.-connected basketball players with unidentified women, this might be a good time to link to Nationals Pride's lament that several identified celebrity women affiliated with the Washington Nationals have either gone or might soon be gone.

This is what I look like when I read "The Three Little Pigs" to my daughter, but I don't know what he's doing.

Also also, the Wizznutzz's vintage Washington Bullets "Where Amazing Happens" campaign has begun.

By Dan Steinberg  |  March 25, 2008; 9:42 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: On Duke and Hatred, Part I
Next: Wiz and Cavs Wage Destiny's Child War

Comments

"that's the reason i'm a bullets fan!"

Posted by: hmmmmm | March 25, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

I saw Pech at the Whole Foods in Glover Park on Saturday night, wearing some sort of khaki jacket with a dragon on the back. It was very Kobra Kai meets Panama Jack. Fierce.

Posted by: Markus V. | March 25, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Seems like the chick is more gang-affiliated than anyone else.

Or, just a really, really, really big fan of American Idol's Randy Jackson.

Posted by: StetSports.com | March 25, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Dominic's signal is a joking gesture, of course, and it means: westside/westcoast.

The hand sign by the lady in the front has a specific meaning, but in DC, it's just the local sign for being cool while posing with one's buddies in front of some painted photo of a fancy car. In reality, it just means "I'm down with it." This is kid-stuff. Literally. As in, at local DC proms, girls and boys will pick the painted backdrop they want and bend at the knees, bracketing the painted car or beach setting or whatever, and make the sign. Long ago in DC, old-timers once told me, the sign meant something -- I think they said it was a swear word. But now it's just a local "I'm hip" and "hey, it's all cool" kinda sign. Which is all a long way of saying it's utterly harmless and, as used in this context, is not, in particular, a gang signal.

Posted by: Nancy | March 25, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

P.S. LOL, sweetie, I guess I should add that it's good that you don't get it because you're not SUPPOSED to get it. You're media, you're a Dad, you're older, you're not supposed to know. So let's just pretend you don't, K?

Hey, I got *four* wigs on 3/23 as a prize pool. Let's have a contest! What shall it be about? Something about Young and/or McGuire would be good. Any ideas?

Posted by: Nancy | March 25, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Good to see Pech out with some females, since he is the ONLY Wizards player who looks innocent....

Go Stewie!!

Posted by: Anonymous | March 25, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

I thought her hand signal meant "I patterned my look after Motley Crue's Vince Neil, but with bigger breasts".

Posted by: Eric Angevine | March 25, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse