Here's Jay Z's DeShawn Song

Possibly the last DeShawn-LeBron non-rivalry post. Possibly. Anyhow, by popular demand, here's that Jay Z freestyle about DeShawn Stevenson that was played at Love on Friday night. Thanks to intern Boris and YouBeenBlinded for the link, which is now also all over YouTube. Language alert, I suppose.

A rundown of the Game 4 verbiage:

DeShawn Stevenson, on his pre-game iPod: "Lil Wayne. Not Jay Z."

Jay Z: "That's my [homie] LeBron; so big we ain't gotta respond. When you're talking to a Don, please have respect like you're talking to your mom."

DeShawn, on whether he has a marketing consultant: "Gilbert."

Huh?: "When you're around him, you learn things. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Got to take the good with the bad. If you're a smart dude, you just look at the things he does. He says a lot of stuff, but a lot of people listen....Being around him, you learn....Sometimes [he says] the right things, sometimes [he says] the wrong things."

Peep the bright blue socks.

LeBron, on the flagrant:
"I definitely saw DeShawn coming but I didn't know that he hit me with a closed fist until one of my teammates told me. If we were on the park, something definitely would have escalated. If we was on the park where I grew up playing a lot of basketball, something would have happened. But I guess that's what they want to do. They want to hurt LeBron James this series. It ain't working."

LeBron, on what he would have done had he known of the closed fist: "Nothing. Shot my two free throws. What'd you want me to do?"

Gilbert, on the rivalry:" The media put it out more than the players really did, and then you feed the beast....Nobody's talking about when James was talking to me at the free throw line. You know, it started there. So I don't know why people are trying to make it a big deal now, like, 'Oh, is it getting out of hand?' I mean, I've been talking trash to them since Larry [Hughes] went over there. I mean, [bleep], it's nothing to us."

The White Mohawk.

Jay Z: "Who the [bleep's] underrated? If anything they underpaid him. Hatin', that's only gonna make him, spend a night out of spite with the chick you been datin'."

LeBron, on the song: "I didn't have no party. I was at a party, but it was just a regular club, regular night. You guys are feeding something that's really not a big deal. I'm here to play basketball. It's becoming a little bit too commercial at this point. I'm focused on getting our team prepared to play a basketball game, not worry about anything DeShawn may say or any of the Wizards say. It's about playing the game of basketball. It's getting a little commercial right now. A little bit been blown out of proportion. I'm ready to play Game 4."

DeShawn, on the song: "That would never happen in Cleveland. I mean, if I even walked into a Cleveland club right now, I'd have two black eyes and I'd be on crutches. And they'd tell me I deserved it too. So, we're boycotting Love. No loyalty....[Jay Z's] worth about $500 million, and he's writing songs about me? What does that say about DeShawn Stevenson? Ballllllling!"

Jay Z:
"We ain't in the same league, you can lie to yourself you can't lie to me. I don't even know y'all name; too big for you to rap LeBron James. Roc Nation, a new movement; and y'all money funny what the [bleep] are you doing? I don't know what y'all on, it's chess, know the difference between a King and a pawn."

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 28, 2008; 1:41 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wiz are Now Climbing the Mountain
Next: Malcolm Kelly Freestyles

Comments

Regardless of how stupid this entire thing is and has become, it is pretty messed up that Love would allow that to happen.

Posted by: sitruc | April 28, 2008 1:59 AM | Report abuse

Well, the Love owners aren't dumb. You don't turn away Jay-Z. You let him in the club and let the dude rap if he wants to. They'd be moronic to not let the biggest rap star int the world party and perform at their club because of the Washington freakin' Wizards. Esp. when you know no one will care about them by the end of the week.

They did what any sane club owner would do.

Posted by: Manu | April 28, 2008 3:16 AM | Report abuse

DC has been and always will be a fairweather city, thats why those fools at the club played that song just so they could get on Lebron's nuts, they dont care about hometown loyalty, its whoever's hot at the moment, they'll cheer for Lebron's dunks and TO's touchdowns and boo their own players that they were cheering for a week ago..........Thats just how chocolate city is

Posted by: jabs | April 28, 2008 5:13 AM | Report abuse

Jabs, you are so right about that. Never seen nothing like it in my life. I am not from here but have been here for a while. And my logic is to with the home team regardless. I think it is pretty messed up the way the fans are with the Wiz. But, the Wiz have a die hard fan in me. Win or lose! You know, everyone has pretty much nailed the coffin shut on my boys but I say it ain't over til the fat lady sings. She may be warming up :-) , but she has not definitely sung yet. GO WIZ!

Posted by: Anonymous | April 28, 2008 8:19 AM | Report abuse

lalala!

We singing [homie] we singing!

The diss track was weak. Very disappointed in hova.

lalala!

Posted by: fat lady | April 28, 2008 8:38 AM | Report abuse

manu, jayz wasn't there. they just played his song....

and what's this about a closed fist?? that's new to me

Posted by: hmmmmmm | April 28, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

The sad part is, Jay-Z probably just did that for fun.

The worst part is, WPGC will probably play it out by tomorrow night.

Posted by: StetSports.com | April 28, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

The sad thing is Jay-Z actually took the time to write a diss song about a basketball player he doesn't even know..

He just married one of the most beautiful women in the world and this is what you are doing? Come on!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | April 28, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Could never happen in Philly , if Lebron had beef with AI or something in PHilly , LEbron would be persona non-grat and every Philly rapper would have gone at Jay-z in a second

Posted by: Ahwi | April 28, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

The biggest issue here is that Jay-Z is absolute GARBAGE. He sold his hip-hop soul for the millions, and more power to him if the money is more important. But his "art" is atrocious. The dude is terrible. Nas owned Jay-Z when Jay started that nonsense. And quite quite frankly, if you want to listen to real hip-hop, you don't go to anything Jay-Z has put together, except maybe The Blueprint, a title he ripped off from KRS-One, anyway.

I'm not hating on Jay-Z because I'm a Wizards fan. I'm hating on Jay-Z because he's got limited skill.

Posted by: Colin | April 28, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Just in case anyone forgot, I think Jay-Z might have some underneath spite towards DeShawn.

Seeing how D has dated two girl of Destiny's Child who not only talked smacked about Beyonce and at least one of them proved that they can be a great song too. Deshawn 2, Jay-Z 1

Actually I found Dan's former post, its importance can't be overstated:

Posted by: Mike | April 28, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Luv sucks by the way, its only for fake pimps & ballers. Its really fallen off from what it used to be. Now its just fake, and probably the most hated club in DC

Posted by: Mike | April 28, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

I heard the track. the rapping was piss poor. Jay Z should be ASHAMED...

Posted by: Marie Kym Smith | April 28, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Jay-Z has really fallen off. He sealed the ending of his career dissing DeShawn. Just shows you how much a hasbeen he has become. I use to go to DC Live, but I never been or ever wanted to go to LUV. My friend said its a club for older people . Who would actually put a club on RT 50? Come on now...

Posted by: Antonio Banderas | April 28, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Does anybody care the Wizards are boycotting Love? Did anybody care when they were at Love? Stevenson never should have said he was overrated. The Wizards have lost 9 out of 10 games to them in the post-season, and he calls him overrated.lol If anything agent 0 is overrated. Nobody cares about the Wizards anyway. Nobody loses sleep when they lose. Wizards fans only go to their games when they are in the playoffs. As far as Love nightlcub....They are stupid for having a party for their hometeams rival, while playing them in the playoffs. And to be losing to them in the playoffs makes it even worse. To end this, the Wizards are garbage, Deshawn is garbage, and why does anybody care? its the wizards.

Posted by: Skinsfannotwizardsfan | April 28, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Man, that's kinda gay for Jay Z to come out with a diss song for DeShawn Stephenson if you ask me. Regardless of your feelings for James, that's like Mobb Deep coming at Jay directly and LeBron getting a tattoo that says "Jay is the man" simply because they are friends. Something just doesn't sit right with me on this. It's like your moms coming to school with an old ratty robe on and rollers in her hair and challenging the school bully to "pick on someone his own size" cuz he beat you up.

Posted by: Ryderdye | April 28, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

lebron doesn't need jay-hova to defend him. if u saw the game, that performance in the 3rd q was worthy of every praise, fawn, and admiration that it received. LeBron was hitting fallaway threes in Caron Butler's mug while the crowd was simultaneously chanting overrated. Then he was throwing down windmills, and hitting circus and-one's. Jay-Z's rap had a puff daddy rhyme scheme that had skill that was more akin to DeShawn than LeBron. As Beyonce would say...Jay-Z...YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT

Posted by: wa wa wa | April 28, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

I'm a GS Warriors fan, I don't even care about the Wiz or the Cavs. Neither of them are going to the Finals anyways, but D. Stevenson needs to just shut his mouth, it's so embarrassing for him its embarrassing to me. Calling LBJ overrated is like saying MJ was overrated, MJ demolished everything in his path, and LBJ's bigger and stronger, so I wouldn't even look him in the eyes if I had to guard him.

Posted by: BigBlack1 | April 28, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Every1 is hatin on Jay aka Shawn Carter for having a little fun and spittin a 2 minute freestyle. That means he wrote nothing down and it was down in one take. For you to say Jay-Z is washed up or finished... yeah ok! "ROC boyz in the building tonight o what a feelin, I'm feeling like; you aint it even gotta bring ya paper out, we da dope boyz of the year drinks are on the house."
It's the Billionaire club

Posted by: R.O.C | April 28, 2008 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Its a dynasty like no other!

Posted by: jigga | April 29, 2008 6:17 AM | Report abuse

no one can be better or surpass MJ. he is a legend and best player that has ever played ball. no matter how bigger and stronger Lebron is. No one can step in MJ's shoes or be in shoes. MJ is a legend.

Posted by: jdilla | April 29, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

I am from Atlanta and you DC cats talk about them Redskins a littie to much for a team that don't go to the playoffs every year. The wiz should get love because that your hometown team. DC is fairweather.

Posted by: eccentricbeethoven1 | April 29, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

No we are not fairweather. Every city is not the same. This is a football area. The majority of the fans out here like the Skins or Cowboys. The Wizards are a distant third. And whats the point of going to the playoffs every year to get knocked out of the first round? Making the playoffs in the eastern conference is not that big of a deal.

Posted by: Skinsfannotwizardsfan | May 2, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Fact of the matter is LeBron is a better player than DeShawn will ever be. Jay Z is a better rapper than Soulja Boy. And the Cavs are going on to round 2 and the Wizards are going home to play golf until October.

Posted by: Michelle | May 3, 2008 3:50 AM | Report abuse

cavs suck lebron sucks jay z sucks dipset!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | May 9, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

"cavs suck lebron sucks jay z sucks dipset!!!!

Posted by: | May 9, 2008 10:58 AM"

Sucks to be beaten 3 times in a row doesn't it? LeBron could beat EVERY ONE of your players with his left hand tied behind his back. Furthermore, that hideous beard wearing Stevenson calls out LeBron, saying he's "overrated." When you average even close to a triple double for the year, then you can talk. Furthermore, when you become the scoring champ you can talk. DeShawn is nothing. Always has been nothing. Always will be nothing. Then he brings in that one hit wonder Soulja' Boy, who's song isn't that good in the first place, and puts him in the equation. Wonder why Soulja' Boy hasn't responded? Because he know Jay-Z stomps him. Furthermore, for that idiot who said it's DeShawn 2 Jay-Z 1 (Mike), Jay-Z married Beyonce, who is 10x better than any of your Destiny's Child's ladies.

Oh, and Cavs 4 Wizards 2.

Cavs knock out Wizards - 2006, 2007, 2008.

Scoreboard buddy.

Posted by: DeShawn and the Rest of the Wizards | May 11, 2008 8:12 AM | Report abuse