I'm in Chicago

Programming note: I'm in Chicago for this U.S. Olympics media summit thing. I understand there's some sort of mild excitement concerning D.C.-based pro sports teams this week, but these Olympic plans were hatched many months ago.

Anyhow, it'll probably be pretty quiet around here this week, but next week I'll do nothing but report on playoff mohawks, playoff beards and playoff hip-hop rumbles in whichever sports they're found.

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 14, 2008; 10:20 AM ET
Categories:  Olympics
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nats Beer Story Grows Sadder
Next: Soccer Players on Olympics and Politics

Comments

Are you going to take in an Oprah or Jerry Springer filming?

Posted by: sitruc | April 14, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Glad you could FINALLY report from a REAL sports town!

Posted by: caphcky | April 14, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Be sure to get in a Joakim Noah post.

Posted by: StetSports.com | April 14, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

A "real" sports town where yuppies go to Cubs games more to socialize than watch and hicks attack umpires at White Sox games.

Posted by: TruthAboutIt.net | April 14, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Dan - you gotta hit up some Giordano's or get the chicken parm from Rosebud on Rush for me...I'm starving

Posted by: Eric G | April 14, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

you probably won't have to report on any playoff bears next week, at least for the caps. they should cleanly shorn by then.

Posted by: enrico | April 14, 2008 6:47 PM | Report abuse