Soulja Boy Can't Feel His Face: the Video

Before last night's game, I worriedly asked my editor whether any of our Wiz stories would cover the Soulja Boy angle. Ha! Dude got in the game story. Dude got in Wilbon's column. Dude got in Mike Lee's story. Dude got in Ivan Carter's post-game blog, and in my post-game blog. Guess we had that angle covered.

Most of these things referenced his late-game Stevenson-inspired rendition of the Soulja Boy; here's the shaky video.

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 25, 2008; 9:04 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: DeShawn, LeBron and Soulja Boy in Game 3
Next: Wiz Mohawks and Fades

Comments

Suprised nobody mentioned the best rapper in attendance, Pastor Troy from GA. Guest of CP's, for those that don't know, Pastor Troy is the one who gave CP that WWE Championship belt.

PT CRUISING!

Posted by: The Mayor | April 25, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

This is a sports blog right?
Goes to show how blah the Wiz are when this donkey IS the story.

Posted by: Dadryan | April 25, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Oh yes. They're so "blah" that they won that game by 36 points.

Maybe you should go read the blogs over at the Times.

Posted by: DCU_Rick | April 25, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Dadryan, this isn't a sports blog. It's a sports bog.

Posted by: sitruc | April 25, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

my comment will load right after this message from the air force.

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | April 25, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Does anybody care that Joan Rivers can't feel her face either?

Posted by: StetSports.com | April 25, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

I think you are in the wrong bog, dadryan. Thanks for digging up the video, Stein.

Posted by: Ted | April 25, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Anybody else tired of the whole "you can't see me" crap? The national media - Sportscenter and The Czar, to name two - haven't taken the two seconds to find out what DeShawn's hand gesture is called. There are shirts, for God's sake.

Posted by: McBride | April 25, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

"This is a sports blog right?"

I love people like that

Posted by: Kev | April 25, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

This is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

It has now trumped every other big sports moment in my life.

Posted by: KC in DC | April 25, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

if only the national media (including david stern) knew what "i cant feel my face" REALLY MEANS! then deshawn would get a T for everytime he did it.
for all u non hip hop heads out there...it basically means "im so coked out i really cant feel my face"
the rapper who made it famous is named tony YAYO...(YAYO slang for coke) LMFAO!!
feel free to look it up if u dont trust me buddys

Posted by: tiny jordan | April 25, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

On Wednesday's PTI, Wilbon held up a flyer advertising an afterparty to be co-hosted by DeShawn and Soulja Boy for last night (Thurs) after Game 3. Any entertaining anecdotes from the party to report?

Posted by: Keynote | April 25, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Look up past bog posts, we've had that discussion already, tiny jordan.

Posted by: sitruc | April 25, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Why don't they give Pulitzers for blogs?

Posted by: Jay | April 26, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Stevenson's just a wannabe. He's dumb enough to call Lebron overrated, the wizards get one lucky win and all of a sudden he thinks he's good. In your dreams Deshawn. Have fun being eliminated by an "OVERRATED" Superstar that could kick your rear to the moon and back without breaking a sweat. Go Lebron!

Posted by: Shorty | April 30, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse