The Fans Were Phenomenal
While I'm off talking to rowers and badminton players, and playoff invitations are being officially extended to Soulja Boy, the D.C. fans have been phenomenal.
1) These Ovechkin Rock the Red tees would seem to be the best hockey tee I've ever seen. Go buy them at the Concrete Pond.
2) A Redskins fan managed to tag along with a buddy to a wine-and-cheese reception featuring Jim Zorn and the official Redskins whirlpool; while there, he confirmed the Jim Zorn kayaking story.
Zorn's only request was that we give him a chance, be fair as he begins his coaching career. "No tomatoes, ok?" was his exact request.
3) My Eastern-Motors-jersey wearing friend from Ahern Inquirer dressed like an 80s glam rocker at the Nats-Wizards home-and-home on Saturday night, making the MASN live broadcast for the Nats and the jumbotron for the Wiz. (He also got video of Antawn Jamison's mouth after being struck in a sensitive part of the body last night.)
4) The Mayor of Fed Ex Field was also at the Sixers game on Saturday night, and he also emerged with a stellar photo, in his case involving Gheorghe Muresan and an inappropriate anti-Philadelphia t-shirt.
5) Bog Hall of Famer Nancy finished giving out all her Wiz swag, and I guess Dominic McGuire's new name is The Cleaner. I've missed some of the details, but TruthAboutIt.Net photoshopped McGuire's new look.
6) Reader The Fingerman tells a Caps-Flyers story from the mid-'80s:
It was a Saturday night Caps-Flyers game somtime in the mid-1980s, when I was a teenager. I was at the game with my dad and there were a bunch of Flyers fans who had come down from Philly and appeared to already be drunk before the game started in the section next to us. A few minutes before the game started, a guy wearing a Flyers fan got up, stood in the aisle and just yelled to no one in particular, "Before the game starts, let's just get this out of the way. Rod Langway -- f*g."
Those Flyers fans, so classy.
7) Speaking of Caps-Flyers, yeah, there was a fight on Sunday. And it was started by [insert name of other team here] fans. Caps fans say it was "typical Philly fans." Philly fans say "I can't believe how backwards this sounds, but it's true. I'm not going to DC for another game, at least for this season... I witnessed too many Caps fans trying to "start isht". I hope their fans don't come to Philly this week."
The comments to this entry are closed.