Bram Gets All Famous

Having previously reported, sort of, on Bram Weinstein's departure from Covering the Redskins to ESPN anchoring duties, figure it might be time to check in and see how Bram's doing. If you watch ESPN News regularly, for hours at a time, you probably saw Bram deliver about 700 reports on Big Brown yesterday. During at least one of them, he pointed out that Big Brown can't understand English, because he's a horse. I think this is going to work out well for all of us.

This is the first week I've seen Bram in heavy Bristol head rotation, and it's kind of comforting to hear that old "Covering the Redskins" voice in a national setting. I'm just looking forward to frequent Bram-narrated reports on the Zorn Star.

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 28, 2008; 10:14 AM ET
Categories:  Media
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Look: Tiger's Presser
Next: D.C. Sports Media Approval Ratings: Chick Hernandez

Comments

approve

Posted by: qualude conduct | May 28, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Disapprove.

Posted by: Steve Czaban | May 28, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

A proud American University alum right there.

I've never seen Bram that stiff before, though. It looks as if he hasn't quite adjusted to reading from the teleprompter yet.

Still, Go Bram!

Posted by: Incredulous | May 28, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

ESPN's credibility has fallen so low in recent years that I didn't know that it was still possible for a job in Bristol to be a step up. However, in this case, I think Bram caught the last lifeboat off Danny's Titanic.

Approve.

Posted by: Boycott Snyder | May 28, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

HE'S BRAM WEINSTEIN!

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | May 28, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Bram in the ESPN farm system!!! Go Papa Bram! We r so proud of how professional u r : they got u shaved n' suited!

Angent STEINZ u need to hold THIS contest:

"give Bram a signature espn catch-phrase"

so he can make it out of AM Cold Bacon minors and into primetime HILITES, INCITES and STRIDERITES!

AND BOOM GOES THE WALLABY!!!!!!

Posted by: Darvin Ham | May 28, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Good to know that Bram still doesn't have control of his blinking yet. Some things never change. Approve though, i hope they give him a radio show. His show was fantastic on WTEM whenever it was allowed to be on air.

Posted by: Chimpanzee Rage | May 28, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

I miss Bram.

Posted by: wiggles the monkey | May 28, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

It's sad that promising media types feel the magnetic pull of ESPN. Kind of like in the olden days when the only real option that bright kids in town had was to work for the town's evil corporation.

If Kelli Johnson goes to ESPN, I don't know what I'll do.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 28, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

He looks a lot thinner (at least in the neck area) than he did on Redskins Radio.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 28, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Bram is better at the interview portion of the broadcast. He stares straight at the prompter with no expression when reading highlights. Needs work like my player selection skills.

Posted by: Vinny Cerrato | June 7, 2008 5:17 AM | Report abuse