Devin Thomas Seems to Enjoy the NFL

(Jesse Grant - Getty Images via NFL Players)

New Redskins WR Devin "Showtime" Thomas, as you might have heard, won the 2008 Rookie Madden Bowl over the weekend, which he appropriately called "the greatest moment of my NFL career." ESPN the Mag's Bruce Feldman was focused on his "thickness," writing that Thomas looked more like Darren McFadden than a WR.

Looking at this photo, though, one's eye is drawn to something other than thickness. On the left, it's Bears RB Matt Forte, sporting yellow plastic admission wristband. On the right, it's Thomas, whose wristwear seems a tad shinier. Plus, there's that necklace.

And no, I'm not sure what's tattooed on his left arm, but it looks to me like it's a human heart wearing a crown.

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 20, 2008; 10:34 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Demetric Evans at the Car Dealership
Next: L-Millz and Riggo

Comments

I thought it was Jesus with crown of thorns. But that's just me. Maybe it's a heart with a crown that kinda looks like Jesus and could earn someone a lot of money on eBay

Posted by: Johnny | May 20, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

It looks like that same Jesus/Polyphemus tatoo mashup that half the Greek world cup team from Euro 2004 was sporting.

Posted by: Alex | May 20, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Perhaps its a Hardees thick burger with a crown, signifying which fast food franchise truly is the supreme ruler of processed meats.

Posted by: StetSports.com | May 20, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

He won the championship playing with the Cowboys?!?!

Posted by: DMoney | May 20, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Hi,

I managed to get a full athletic scholarship with advice from this book.

Winning a Sports Scholarship

I highly recommend reading the book and following his advice.

Posted by: Chris | May 21, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

...focused on his "thickness"...

Terrell Owens approves.