Gilbert On the End of His Blog and His New Tats

(By Gregory ShamusGetty)

Gilbert pre-game transcript courtesy Michael Lee.

Gilbert: "I think I got one more blog in me, then no more blogging. I'm going to retire from blogging."

Media: Why? Too much controversy? Too much fun?

Gilbert: "A little bit of both. But media is different than when I came into the league. It's bigger. With YouTube...blogging now is a lot bigger. I don't know, it's like you say something and it gets magnified. You expect it in the playoffs, you say one thing about what team you want to play: 'I want to play them because they made an in-season trade. And through history, in-season trades are usually a disaster....You'll take your chances with those teams.'

'Oh, he's talking and this and this.' "

Media: Do you wish you never blogged that stuff?

Gilbert: "No. I was just saying, this was the only team that made an in-season trade. Look at the other teams that made in-season trades, they're out, other than the Lakers. They're still there. The other teams are out. I'd rather take my chances with them."

Media: When blogging, do you share everything?

Gilbert: "Outside of basketball and doing things at home, I don't do anything. I just go to Chuck E. Cheese. I don't think anybody wants to hear about Chuck E. Cheese, unless something funny happens. Other than that, you just try to give good stories. And, you know, good stories are either going to be funny or drama. You know, TNT: Drama. If you're just boring....I did come in [blogging] with Chris Paul, Jerry Stackhouse and Kaman, but if you have no up or down, you're just a mouth."

Also courtesy of Michael Lee, Gilbert discussed his newish tattoos that blanket his injured left knee.

Gilbert has seven crosses tattooed on his surgically repaired left knee. There is a large cross over his knee cap, with three smaller tattoos on each side. Arenas explained the cross in that he needed to "pray over" his knee. Asked why he has seven crosses, Arenas said, "Lucky number."

When told that seven is also a biblical number that symbolizes perfection, Arenas nodded and shrugged. He explained that he got the larger tattoo after having his initial surgery, then he added the other six while the Wizards were in Orlando for their regular season finale.

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 1, 2008; 2:29 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Gilbert Says Wiz Are Better Without Him
Next: A Nationals Musical Interlude

Comments

The series between the Cavs and the Wizards should've been one of the good series of the NBA playoffs of the season but the things that the Wizards have done to flat out hurt on Lebron James is a disgrace. I mean it's gotten real out of hand with Brandon Heywood pushing James in the air DeShawn Stevenson slapping James across the head while trying to make a shot and now last night a late punch in the face by Darius Songaila. The head coach of the Wizards Eddie Jordan has just let the thugs run the team instead of letting them know this is still professional basketball and you still representing the league. Charles Barkley says is every night " The Wizards are stepping over the line with how they're playing basketball." Reggie Miller used to always bother my Knicks but it wasn't in the poor taste these "THUGS" the Washington Wizards are handling themselves. WIZARDS GROW UP AND PLAY BASKETBALL NOT JAIL BALL.

Posted by: SIDELINESHOW.COM | May 1, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

I'm guessing you'll have images of those tatts soon!!! GO WIZARDS

Posted by: Picture Perfect | May 1, 2008 2:50 PM | Report abuse

sideshowline, but i'm not gonna visit your site. No more controversy, the captains have stepped up.

Posted by: Nice plug | May 1, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

So many inaccuracies I don't know where to start. Do a bit of research and stop posting out of anger.

Posted by: Sideline... | May 1, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

You keep buying the company line SIDESHOW, you'll sleep better that way.

I got your dirty play right here.

Posted by: prophet | May 1, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

I personally don't think they've hit LeBron hard enough. Songaila in particular had a perfectly good opening and failed to deliver. Actually, that's sort of an ongoing theme with him, since that's what he does with layups also.

Point is, foul LeBron early, foul LeBron often, and fould LeBron harder. And if he whines about it again, knock him over and call him a crybaby.

Posted by: pondaz | May 1, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Lolz @ Wizards-as-thugs! Reggie clearly speaks the truth out that crooked mouth!

Brendan "The Dirty Tyrannosaurus" Haywood aka "Hollow-boned"!

Darius "The Jailbird Song-Bird" Songaila!

This is why Cleveland can't have nice things! This is why Bron Bron must wear the cheap prosthetic nose despite Phillip Knight custom-made birthday prosthesis Air Rhino (Tm)!

Posted by: kwamesnani | May 1, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

No more Gil blogs? Blogosphere loses faith in 5...4...3...2...

Posted by: StetSports.com | May 1, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Hey, SIDELINESHOW.COM, give me a friggin break. Why don't you actually watch the games and come up with your own opinion instead of drinking the B.S. Kool Aid that the talking heads are dishing out about the Wiz being "thugs". It's unbelievable how blown out of proportion this has gotten. The Wiz aren't playing like fairies and they aren't dropping to their knees in reverence for LeEmbellisher. They have brought attitude to the series and apparently that makes them the villians. They have refused to "play nice" and bow out meekly to LeEmbellisher to satisfy "fans" like you who can't get enough of the hype the league dishes out through the commentators on their network partners and the unoriginal lame-ass talking heads.

"It's gotten real out of hand..." hahaha, please.... You are a joke. And you are a Knicks fan. Get off this blog and worry about your embarrassment of a team up there in that cesspool of a city. Loser.

Posted by: Pete | May 1, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Cavs fans? Cavs fans? Where are they? All over the Post blogs lately but lose a game and they disappear. Probably still watching the replay of LeTravel missing that last shot and they are probably still waiting for a foul to be called. It wouldn't be a surprise either since LeTravel was called for a flagrant foul after the first game ended.

Posted by: bigtom34 | May 1, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

I think Gilbert got yelled at by Buzz Bissinger and it made him quit his blog.

Posted by: odessa steps magazine | May 1, 2008 4:59 PM | Report abuse