Kelli Johnson vs. an Eight-Year Old

Let me amend my previous entry to say that THIS, in fact, is the best Spelling Bee highlight you will ever see. It features Comcast SportsyNet going head to head against 8-year-old Sriram Jagadeesh Hathwar, the event's youngest competitor. It's unclear who got the better of the encounter.

Please also watch till the end for Michael Jenkins's commentary.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the beginning of the piece, where a speller named Charles Smith discusses going to his "happy place." This is really a great event.

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 30, 2008; 12:41 PM ET
Categories:  Media , Weirdness
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Down Goes Canada
Next: Spellers at Play

Comments

I bet that was the first time Kelli Johnson did an interview and the term "happy place" was not meant as a crude pick up line.

Posted by: odessa steps magazine | May 30, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

"What does advantage mean?" is probably the best deadpan line in the history of comedy.

Posted by: DBKAlum | May 30, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Michael Jenkins is very fascinated with the concept of studying 2-3 hours a day. I have a feeling he and I had very similar experiences in school.

Posted by: Chest Rockwell | May 30, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Dan, please post more videos of Kelli Johnson. Thanks.

Posted by: FS | May 30, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

When Kelli Johnson defined advantage as "extra favors", it wasn't just my ears that perked up.

Posted by: DSFan | May 30, 2008 6:41 PM | Report abuse