The Best Spelling Bee Highlights in World History

The requisite caveats: Chris Miller and Michael Jenkins are easily two of my favorite local media personalities, I happily watch about two hours of Comcast SportsyNet news programs a day, I personally authored what was without a doubt the Snafueist segment that has ever aired on that network, they handled this particular situation about as well as it could be handled, and I pull this clip not out of cruelness but because it legitimately made me happier than just about anything CSN could have done with its Bee coverage. I've watched it start to finish about seven times and laughed at every one.

But seriously, love you guys.

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 30, 2008; 10:08 AM ET
Categories:  Media , Weirdness
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Look: Blogging Erin Andrews
Next: D.C. Sports Media Approval Ratings: Dave Feldman

Comments

Hahahaha I echo your sentiments completely. Miller and Jenkins played it off as well as they could. Love it and thanks for posting it!

Posted by: H Street | May 30, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Only when you've filled air time by discussing the career of Samir Patel can you say to yourself: "I've finally made it."

Posted by: Jenks | May 30, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

"Bootleg."

Jenkins kills me. Good stuff, fellas.

Posted by: Jamie Mottram | May 30, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Jenkins is not funny. I wish he would stop trying to make so many unfunny jokes. It's painful to watch. I turn off the TV whenever I see him paired with Jill Sorenson. That may be the worst tandem in sports TV history, with Jenkins making stupid jokes and Sorenson laughing like she's in junior high.

Posted by: UMD's Burning Couch | May 31, 2008 8:12 PM | Report abuse

In my defense, I think I've definitely improved from "worst in TV history" to "bottom five in TV history." Yipes.

Posted by: Jenks | May 31, 2008 9:54 PM | Report abuse