Washington Softball Girls Shirts

Ripped from the comments. I'll take 12, please. Go here to buy.

Actually, I'm grateful to the Mostly Full Nelson (who has since been demoted). Last night, I had no problem at all watching Cavs-Celtics in its entirety, merely to root against LeBron James and to hope against hope that maybe he'd be fouled with moderate force, causing his mother to attempt to beat back the Celtics with her fists as her son's team went down to ignominous defeat. Fifty percent of my hope came true, although probably not the 50 percent I would have guessed.

Anyhow, the Largely Full If Demoted Nelson has given me all the reason I need to watch a mid-May baseball game between two middling teams, and for that, I do earnestly thank him. And also the New York Post, for writing this:

Nelson Figueroa should consider pitching underhanded to the Nationals, if there is a next time for him. Here it is, girls, go ahead and hit it.

If Mike Wise were involved in this series, he'd absolutely be on the big screen being booed by the masses before the Nats leave the city.

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 13, 2008; 5:40 PM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Glorious Celebratory Photos
Next: Kornheiser Takes Buyout

Comments

Yea, but who in the hell is going to buy that shirt?

A female Nats fan?...I'd still be offended.

A d-bag Mets fan? Go ahead d-bag.

Posted by: TruthAboutIt.net | May 13, 2008 8:07 PM | Report abuse

This is a comment.

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | May 13, 2008 9:13 PM | Report abuse

I don't suppose Papa John's can whip up some #23 "Crybaby Mets" T-shirts?
Memo to the Nats: Keep up the upbeat dugout antics. Do the whole routine from "Major League," as far as I'm concerned, especially if you put together a winning streak. (Someone else mentioned that yesterday--I can't take credit for the film reference.)

Posted by: Arlington Pimp | May 14, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I'd buy that shirt, in fact I think I will. I hope the Nats keep it up in the dugout and in the bullpen (seem to recall a little cheering section in the bullpen earlier this season.)

Posted by: zelda | May 14, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

As a days-late defense from the shirt-maker: I'm a Nats fan. It's meant as an FU to Nelson. I realize the duality of it. But we won that game, so his criticism--and therefore the shirt--I find pleasingly ironic.

Posted by: Mick (heretofore softball girl) | May 16, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Softball girls rule!