Gil's Going to Manila

Different itinerary than last offseason. (Jonathan Newton file photo)

Seriously, the Washington Post Sports section must have at least one reader in the Philippines, right? Might that one reader be interested in going to Manila for the Adidas Agent Zero Tour 2008, which, according to the Philippine Daily Inquirer and The Manila Times, "features the launch of his new signatures shoes, cage clinics, mall tours and community events."

On July 6, Arenas, who has a career-high of 60 points in the NBA, is scheduled to visit Adidas concept stores, including the Mall of Asia branch in Pasay City at 11 a.m., the Rockwell branch in Makati City at 2 p.m., and the TriNoma branch in Quezon City at 5 p.m. The Agent Zero Tour statement show will follow at 6 p.m. at the TriNoma Activity Center.

During his visit, Arenas, 26, will showcase the many facets of his beliefs with eight Gil Zero shoes, including Black President, Vote for Gilbert, Channel Zero, NBA Live 2008, Hibachi, Customize, I Love LA and Agent Zero. These shoes correspond to the eight core values of basketball, namely, confidence, commitment, passion, respect, inspire, sacrifice, trust and innovation.

Reports also indicate that Gil will be donating a basketball court to the Gawad Kalinga community, and Philippine-based Gilbert fan Tedi31? reports already seeing posters promoting the Gil appearance. Seriously, all we need is for one Filipino blogger to get to the TriNoma Activity Center and ask him about his contractual plans.

By Dan Steinberg  |  June 18, 2008; 10:01 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Look: The Miggy Move
Next: New D.C. Athlete Has a Kournikova Feud

Comments

Who knew "inspire" was a value, much less a "core" one. Furthur, nothing says inspire to me like hibachi.

Posted by: 15th Street | June 18, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | June 18, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

"What's up with the I love LA shoe? Where is the I love DC shoe Gil? I think this city has been your biggest group of supporters. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he went out west. Gil talks a big game when he "says" he wants to stay here. Well, we shall see won't we?"

yeah he probably watched the finals and thought hey.... they need me out there to win, lol

Posted by: Anonymous | June 18, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

I can just see the middle-aged PR flack sitting down to write this press release, getting frustrated trying to mix rundown corporate catch-phrases into Gilbertology.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 18, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Agent Steinz
Former WIZDOTCOM man Eric Hernandez is from the Phillippines and Im sure he has a trust worthy relative to do some part time blogging for you so you can stay home and spend some time with the family

Posted by: I GOT WORK | June 19, 2008 9:38 PM | Report abuse

finally.. gil is coming to the philippines... it's about time..^^, hope i can get a photo and sign op with gil.. that would really make me a happy man...

Posted by: ryan11n26 | June 20, 2008 8:53 PM | Report abuse

ryan, heard adidas is running a consumer promo that gives gilbert fans a chance to get an autograph and photo op with him! coolness.

Posted by: hitler | June 24, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

yup agent zero is coming to manila... it would be nice to see him in the flesh... i actually wrote a short post on my blog about his visit.... :D

Posted by: Roy | June 25, 2008 12:13 AM | Report abuse

yup agent zero is coming to manila... it would be nice to see him in the flesh... i actually wrote a short post on my blog about his upcoming visit.... :D

Posted by: Roy | June 25, 2008 12:14 AM | Report abuse