Stuart Schweigert Has a Blog
Yeah, new Redskins safety Stuart Schweigert--he of the thoroughly mystifying "1,000-pound bear off my chest" quotation--was previously employed as a blogger and sometime-safety with the Oakland Raiders.
Of more interest to us here was his career as a blogger. The last Redskin with a history of contributing articles to his team's Web site? Rhymes with "Camden Roid." Things learned from Schweigert's blog.
1) His nickname is "The Butcher." Well, that and "Stu."
2) He is fond of describing injuries in graphic, poorly spelled detail. For instance:
During the tackle my thigh, with the wieght of both our bodies, landed on the back of his cleats. I felt a pain but when I looked down it looked like a I had half of a softball sticking out of my leg. I had never seen anything like it.
I decided to stick it our a few more plays until I knew I had to head to the sidelines. I stayed out the rest of the first half and kept my leg moving and went back in and finished the game out. When I showered and had a chance to look at it again it was just plain nasty. What happened was the other players cleat broke a blood vessel in my leg. We wrapped it up tight and I kept it elevated the whole flgiht home. I was able to still run on it but the biggest thing to do when you get a bad bruise is you must move and flush that swelling and blood out of the area.
3) He is fond of describing stomach ailments in graphic, poorly spelled detail. Seriously, couldn't the Raiders at least hire a part-time on-call copy editor? Also, he believes hamburger meat can speak. For instance:
While chatting and watching I am also eating a burger. Halfway through the burger I stopped to look at it and to my suprise the burger is staring back at me and asked if I could change the channel. The thing was so raw the center was purple. After changing the channel for him I put him down and went upstairs to bed. I woke up around 7:30 a.m. and my stomch was in knots. I walked dwon the breakfast but couldn't eat. I got up and got to my room as fast as I could. I was pretty much quarantined and locked in there for the next 24 hours.4) He loves his mother very much.
5) When he plays against offensive lineman Kelly Butler, a former roommate at Purdue, they
beat bet each other roast beef sandwiches on the outcome. Writes The Butcher: "I know you are probably thinking that is a pretty small bet but let me tell you that the last two times I had to go buy Kelly $40 worth of roast beef sandwiches and it was torture." It's hard for me to imagine a roast-beef sandwich costing more than $10. This then implies that Kelly Butler eats four roast-beef sandwiches at a time.
6) His favorite movie is Predator, he rehabbed a 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible, he likes to go bowling on his birthday and he's previously sported a lumberjack look.
7) He believes the Raiders to be the "best team in the world," Raider Nation to include "not only...the best fans in the NFL but in the world" and Raiders.com to be "the best Internet site on the web." Clearly he's never watched RedskinsTV.
The comments to this entry are closed.