WaPo Sports Blog Commenters Unite

Best photo ever.

Eternal praise to Lindsay Applebaum for executing a flawless interview with Redskins Insider commenter CHrIs LaRry, who turns out to be about as interesting as you might expect from someone who makes such indiscriminate use of the shift key. Eternal praise also to anyone who helped hatch this idea. (Throat clear.)

Lindsay will continue profiling our blog commenters in coming days and weeks, which seems like obsessive inside blogball, until you remember the Deadspin commenters who grew up to launch two of the most successful sports blogs this world has seen. Who's to say CHrIs LaRry or his peers won't be next? Also, many of us end up reading more total words written by CHrIS LaRry and his peers than, say, Jason La Canfora, so we might as well know who they are.

That being the case, I'm trying to think of the blog commenters I'm most anxiously looking forward to meeting in unfiltered form. A brief list follows, although some would fit in multiple categories. Tell me who I'm forgetting. And if you're interested, please e-mail Lindsay.

Soccer Insider: Dadryan, Fisch Fry, B.A., Bolivian DC Fan, bluemeanies, d, dc, I-270, Exit 1, AlexW81.

Redskins Insider: Barno, Redcoat, Nate in the PDX, dcsween, Talent Evaluator, Alex35332, Dorf, P Diddy.

Wizards Insider: Kalorama, DC Man88, Ray, Colin.

D.C. Sports Bog: StetSports.com, Sitruc, Chest Rockwell, prophet, qualude conduct, Kim, caphcky, Fingerman, WaPoLiveFan16.

Capitals Insider: MNMNT, Stormblue, norske, Sombrero Guy, tallbear, old time hockey. (I'm definitely weakest here, apologies.)

Nationals Journal:
Coverage is lacking, Steven on Capitol Hill, Bob L. Head, SC Nats Fan, Section 506 (Before moving), NatsNut, O's Exec, Flynnie.

A few dozen of my best friends. Sigh.

You know, no disrespect to anyone, but I think I might like the NJ commenters best. Although "Which blog has the best commenting community" might make for a nice poll some day.

Note: Yes, this is a little sad. But the Internet is a little sad.

By Dan Steinberg  |  June 19, 2008; 11:16 AM ET
Categories:  Media
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Shirtless Nats Fan Speaks
Next: D.C. Sports Media Approval Ratings: The Junkies

Comments

Dan: Caps insider has a ubiquitous pessimist named Chief. His incendiary comments and outward dislike of Leonsis and GM George McPhee (he calls them "AZAMAT and THE MIDGET", respectively) rile the most peaceful Caps Insider commenters.

Posted by: Ben | June 19, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Definitely The Maj. I never see him anywhere.

Posted by: twoeightnine | June 19, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

I'd like to chime in that the commenters from New Jersey are in fact the best. You are right.

Oh, NJ meant something else here. Very well, then.

Posted by: Dan Levy | June 19, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Caphcky also post on CI along with one puckguru. On the great Planet NJ there is Lerners are Cheap to compliment SOC's rantings and ravings.

Posted by: A Hardwick aka Sec 204 Row K Seat 11 | June 19, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

KSK is garbage. That whole crew is garbage.

With leather is for high school kids. garbage

Posted by: Dwight Howard has 20/20 vision | June 19, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

On the RI blogger list, it should be pointed out that there are two Barnos ... the original Barno (who feels scorned by JLC for failing to obtain a DVD of "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" autographed by Chris Cooley after winning some blog jingle contest with a lame entry based on some WHAM! song) and the post-season Barno imposter who only ever posts entries espousing his rightwing political take on matters. The original Barno used to talk about football sometimes.

Also, in RI blogger legend and lore, there are two unlisted historical icons who would make for the best copy: Megskin and Old School.

Finally, an unreported legend regarding the collegiate studies of a certain lineman awaits ... and if someone doesn't get on it soon, the tip may go to Bonita A-baumb...

Posted by: dcsween | June 19, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Also, ditto on WaPoLiveFan16 ... so let it be written, so let it be done.

Posted by: dcsween | June 19, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

::gazing::

Posted by: Navel | June 19, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Mike Wise is like a baseball. White, bald, and boring.

Posted by: MNMNT | June 19, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

This is my favorite Sports Bog post ever.

Posted by: Lindsay Applebaum | June 19, 2008 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Who's this Jamie Mottram that keeps posting?

Posted by: DBKAlum | June 19, 2008 6:00 PM | Report abuse

StetSports is a good dude. Though he was better with his old site.

Posted by: JDP | June 19, 2008 10:04 PM | Report abuse

You definitely forgot Joe Doc of the Soccer Insider. He's usually good for a few spit takes a day.

Posted by: JB | June 19, 2008 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Wait... me? OK... I guess.

I would second adding Joe Doc to the list.

Posted by: B.A. | June 19, 2008 10:44 PM | Report abuse

Grab a few from the "Grounds Crew"

Posted by: Jefferson | June 20, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Man, now I am going to be truly out of control. You should reinforce blog poster delusions of grandeur like this Steinberg.

I don't post here, but love the Bog. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | June 20, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

They like me.

They really like me.

Posted by: StetSports.com | June 20, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Dan, if you or the Post want to fly me in from So-Cal I'm definitely down for an "unfiltered" meet-up.

Posted by: O's Exec | June 20, 2008 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the shout out.

I've been goaded into trying my hand at the blog world myself, so maybe I'll turn into one of your Deadspin grads....

Come check us out at: http://firejimbowden.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Steven on Capitol Hill | June 20, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

wink

Posted by: NatsNut | June 21, 2008 1:05 AM | Report abuse

nudge nudge

Posted by: say no more, say no more | June 21, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Hi caphcky!

Posted by: Caps Fans Everywhere | June 24, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

How in the heck did Caphcky make this list?

Posted by: caphcky's toilet seat | June 25, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse