What the Heck is Mortines?

So I saw where there's these huge banners outside Nationals Park promoting all the exciting nightlife and entertainment and dining options that are sure to follow the ballpark to Half Street. I was particularly happy to see the pictured awning of Morton's The Steakhouse. Think of the warm and pink, charred and rare flesh. Think of the smoked pacific salmon. Think of the steamed fresh jumbo asparagus, the jumbo baked Idaho potatoes, the macaroni and cheese, the chocolate velvet cake. Yeah, I'm sure Morton's will prove very popular indeed with the legions of fans streaming towards....

Oh, what's that? Those banners are actually picturing Mortines The Steakhouse? Oh. Right. My bad.

(There's also a vaguely visible green coffee shop sign that I swear says "Starbusy" or something like that.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  June 5, 2008; 1:31 PM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Businessperson's Special
Next: Ovechkin = Svyerkhchelovek

Comments

Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.

Posted by: Cleo McDowell | June 5, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Stupid trademark laws.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 5, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Are the Nats advocating standing in the street while having a discussion?

Posted by: Kim | June 5, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

But what about those of us who can't afford to eat at Mortine's? Will there be a Wondy's on the block?

Posted by: MDT | June 5, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait to have a Mortines steak sandwich at the AT&C National this year.

Posted by: DBKAlum | June 5, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

I hope both Mortine's and Wondy's will be well-stocked with my new soda beverage Pespi-Cola. "The taste of a novel generation!"

Posted by: Lindemann | June 5, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Last night going to the game, a buddy said, Oh look at that, there's going to be a Mortin's here! Then we took a closer look and saw that it was "Mortines." There's a "William So" with no "noma" on it in one of the signs, too.

Posted by: DC Mike | June 7, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse