Alexander Semin Seems Confused
Quick blog notes.
UPDATE: I had a punch line in here that I thought reflected the absurdly fantastic humor of Semin's response here. Many, many people thought I was accusing Semin of being racist, which I absolutely was not doing. For the record, if I'm ever gonna play the racism card, I'll be sure to say so explicitly, and not with a joke. Still, because I don't want anyone to think that's what I meant, I'll just delete the stupid joke.
* Alexander Semin's endless interview with RedYarsk, expertly translated in 19th century novel style by Alex Ovejtkin, contains dozens of moments of interest, from the interviewer describing D.C. as "a city much more boring than New York" to Semin calling New York "like second Moscow...too many temptations." But it doesn't cross the line to transcendent blog genius until he's asked about the Wizards.
Washington has NBA team to watch, Wizards...
Yes, we go to their games all the time. Very interesting. There are some outstanding basketball teams with big stars.
Are you playing at different arenas?
The same arena. They just cover the ice and that's all.
Have you seen Michael Jordan when he played for Washington?
I missed him by a little bit, he ended his career. His brother now coaches Wizards.
* Gunston fails to make the Top 10 of College Humor's Lamest Mascot competition? I love Gunston, but I love him only to the extent that he can be one of the five something-est mascots in America. Eighteenth lamest just isn't good enough. (In other mascot news, word is a giant-headed historical mascot might be seen in Adams Morgan tonight. That should be interesting.)
* A plea for the Yankees to relieve the Nationals of some catchers, from You Dead Dawg.
* Although one catcher is already gone, possibly due to failure to speak to a blogger's wife.
* The seminal Redskins dodgeball picture, from Mister Irrelevant.
* The seminal half-naked Alex Ovechkin lord-a-leaping picture, from On Frozen Blog.
July 25, 2008; 12:12 PM ET
Categories: Caps , College Basketball , Nats
Save & Share: Previous: Video Prohibition Slayed: The Chris Cooley Interview
Next: Fred Smoot Hangs Out With Gilbert
The comments to this entry are closed.