Chris Cooley Podcast, Dee Brown's Blog and Snoop's Stache
While I continue to enjoy the legendary Western New York July weather, here are some must-read links I'd like to share. None are about the Nats' TV ratings. Well, ok, a few are.
* Chris Cooley was the latest guest on Dan Levy's On the DL Podcast. Issues range from NFL labor squabbles to Brett Favre to Jim Zorn's discpline style. To blogs, of course.
* Speaking of athlete blogs, I trust you've seen the blog of new soon-to-be-Wizard Dee "Licious" Brown. I'm not gonna say Gilbert has competition for "best point guard on the Wizards blog," but Dee is definitely way in front of Antonio Daniels. Check this entry from April, when he was still in Turkey:
I had to go to the hospital I have pink eye..I haven't had that since I was like 8 crazy I know. Check this I played yesterday's game eye closed, I couldn't see out of my left eye no lie. I'm just resting my legs, watching me DVD's and continuing to work on my music. The weather out here is so beautiful, everyday the sun is shining and the breeze from the sea and planes flying over my head feels good, I can't compalin. It's crazy how time flies, the season is almost over, I'm getting ready to come back home, my sons are getting bigger, my guys are in the playoffs again..Life is good and I'm just blessed to be living and seeing the world.
(For another new blog to keep an eye on, check out Thom Loverro's new Wash Times blog, which is called Lovey Land. For real for real.)
(For yet another newish blog to keep an eye on, check out Eric Shuster's blog over at Comcast SportsyNet. The man unquestionably hangs out with more professional D.C. athletes than anyone I've met who isn't actually a D.C. athlete.)
* Remember this week's Bog item about Karl Alzner treasuring a fake mustache once worn by Snoop? Incredibly, a local blogger has a photo of Snoop wearing that 'stache. See this old post from The Player Hater's Ball.
* Stan Kasten and Giant Racing Teddy on ESPN together to discuss the president races? Yeah, good times for this franchise. But I still love the presidents.
* Speaking of, here's Teddy racing Uncle Slam at the P-Nats last week. I think you could make a legitimate argument that Giant Racing Teddy's Q Rating, both nationally and locally, is higher than all but three or four Nats on the active roster. Seriously, name me five players who could top him in name/face/reputation recognition.
* The solution for low, or potentially low, or theoretically possibly low Nats TV ratings? Think Barry Bonds. (No, seriously.) (Also, theories on flaws with the ratings numbers, and one of the best newspaper men I've ever met [and a massive Nats fan boy] offers some thoughts on The Post's coverage. Please do read them.)
And finally, I received this notice from some PR agency:
Luciano Emilio of D.C. United and Alexander Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals will be dropping by ESPN THE MAGAZINE'S "ESPY STYLE STUDIO" at the Standard Hotel in downtown Los Angeles July 14 - July 16th - where they will enjoy a three-day gifting experience with everything from luxury watches by IWC to private race instruction by Club Spring Mountain.
Please, please, please let Emilio and Ovie's gifting experiences happen at the same time. I want those guys to be bff, quite badly.
July 11, 2008; 12:26 PM ET
Categories: Caps , D.C. United , Media , Minor League Baseball , Nats , Redskins , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: Nats Fans vs. The Post's Coverage, Part II
Next: Cooley's Growing a Beard
Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | July 11, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | July 11, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: StetSports.com | July 11, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Bridge | July 11, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: natsfan1a | July 11, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Anonymous | July 11, 2008 10:11 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Chris in SS | July 12, 2008 12:38 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: molly | July 13, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: BubbRubb | July 14, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: carrie | July 15, 2008 4:58 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.