Morning Look: Gil Bowing in Filipino Malls

If you were worried about a media blackout during Gilbert's Asian tour, worry no longer. Via Gilbertology comes word of Sandro's Site, which has posted literally more than 500 photos of Gilbert in Manila. It's an amazing collection that will pass at least 20 minutes of your time, and it, at the least, gives the impression that Gil has quite a few Filipino fans. A few highlights are here. And when did Gilbert become the black-clad hero of some dystopian futuristic movie, by the way?

And a very close runner-up for Morning Look goes to Michael Beasley's Curly W tattoo, via you know who.

By Dan Steinberg  |  July 9, 2008; 8:19 AM ET
Categories:  Morning Look , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Chief Zee Loses. Man the Barricades
Next: Nats Fans vs. The Post's Coverage

Comments

Yeah, I was thinking that too - like: "what the hell is he wearing?" Something like that can only be worn in a perfect world (*cough cough Utopia)...

Also, I know that there are varying degrees of Asian Culture, so what I'm about to write could be completely irrelevant, but with the whole *gift giving aren't they supposed to wait to open the gifts? Like, not in the presence of the gift-giver? This is relevant for places like Japan and India (a respect thing), but maybe all was ok...Overall, I hope that it was a lot of fun -

That photographer did a hell of a job!...

Posted by: Bridge | July 9, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Robby Digital | July 9, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Did he borrow that tank top from Serena Williams?

Posted by: StetSports.com | July 9, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Did he find a Filipino sandwich shop when he was out there?

I'm Filipino btw so it's not a racist comment

Posted by: G20FdaCowboys | July 9, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

nads

Posted by: Anonymous | July 9, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

What's up with the navy blue wizards jerseys with white trim and red numbers that were pictured in one of the albums. They were hanging on the Adidas store rack. Those looked sweet! Almost like the team USA jerseys.

Posted by: Matt | July 9, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

I keep reading this headline as Gil "bowling" in Filipino Malls, which almost makes more sense, on the Gilbert Non Sequitur Activity Scale.

Posted by: Bill Fitzgerald | July 9, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

"Gilbert may have bought that shirt in the Philippines - when I was there I noticed that's how they designed undershirts." - - Robby Digital

No, the undershirt is cool. Much love to the Philippines and their fashion sense, but I was referring to that "Matrix" inspired doohickey thingy.

Posted by: Bridge | July 9, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Oh wow, he met up with Manny Pacquiao!

Posted by: Robby Digital | July 9, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

@Matt

I agree. Those red, white, and blue Wizards jerseys look awesome. The Wizards should use those as their alternate jerseys.

Posted by: Bonzai | July 9, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad that Gil is representing my city and team! Represent Gil! Nice pix.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 9, 2008 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Gil is gay by the way

Posted by: alex | July 9, 2008 9:42 PM | Report abuse

yes... adidas has i think two factories in the Philippines... i assure you though... no kid-workers there... and BTW... they've got factories in thailand and i think vietnam too...

Posted by: don | July 10, 2008 2:28 AM | Report abuse

Can I have my panties back when you're done Gil?

Posted by: Serena_34DD | July 10, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

I am a hot black girl who likes sports, I opened my private video to my online friends at =====B L A C K W H I T E M E E T . C O M. It s a dating club for black and white singles. All of them are interested in my video.

Posted by: sally | July 12, 2008 12:14 AM | Report abuse

why gilbert got a deal with addias an i dont am better than him.....

Posted by: james jones | July 14, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Yup, Filipinos are crazy about basketball. And they're very nice people too.

Posted by: Beth | July 14, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Yes Filipinoes are inspired by of NBA

Posted by: Love | July 14, 2008 7:42 PM | Report abuse

yeah but i hope gilbert will join magnolia as there import in the fiesta conference of the PBA.. along with dondon hontiveros, tugade and danny seigle.. ^^

Posted by: crizven | July 14, 2008 8:33 PM | Report abuse

arenas rocks the phil..filipino like basketball and love nba so much! so any nba players out there why not try visiting manila and see it for your self..

Posted by: agent00 | July 14, 2008 8:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: agent00 | July 14, 2008 8:43 PM | Report abuse

"Did he find a Filipino sandwich shop when he was out there?"

"Considering little filipino kids probably make his Gil Zeros I guess it makes sense that he went out there to say hello."

"I'm Filipino btw so it's not a racist comment" - G20FdaCowboys

so what do you call your comment if you said it wasn't racist? ignorant might be the proper way to call it. i wish you had'nt said you were filipino.

Posted by: yuan | July 14, 2008 11:17 PM | Report abuse

we love addidas players they have good attitude on and off the court ..tracy.gil.kevin...kaius from manila

Posted by: kaius | July 14, 2008 11:28 PM | Report abuse

oh man.. seeing gil in person perhaps the best feeling in the world.. ever

Posted by: bravo | July 15, 2008 12:05 AM | Report abuse

I'm not sure, but I think the blue, white and red jersey represents team USA colors. I have seen the same colored jerseys for Lebron James and Kobe Bryant.
If this was so, too bad, Agent 0 did not make the final cut of the olympic team.

Posted by: Don Umali | July 15, 2008 3:54 AM | Report abuse

I'm a hot black single girl, I feel lonely... What I really need is love, Feel free to chat with me on "Mixed mingl e . c o m" where i upload my photos and many black or white singles seeking love online.

Posted by: carrie | July 15, 2008 5:01 AM | Report abuse

I betya the Mr. James wouldn't get the same affection... It's the MJ thing... get associated with MJ as one trying to steal the throne and you're dead meat. Agent Zero did his own thing.

Posted by: direkeli | July 15, 2008 5:02 AM | Report abuse

my idol iverson now you heard it from gil. can you visit here in the philippines..

Posted by: enrico12 | July 15, 2008 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Now I started to like Agent 0! Now I changed my No# 0 instead of 9.

Agent 0 for President!

Posted by: renvic | July 15, 2008 10:42 PM | Report abuse

Read his blog about his trip. I like him more now. But I still hate the PBA.

Posted by: maw | July 16, 2008 6:00 AM | Report abuse

it was amicable of him...

Posted by: kimy | July 16, 2008 10:35 PM | Report abuse

hello there....anyone there want to chat with a girl who likes sports? Let's mingle here at +++++(((((((-----Blackwhitemeet . c o m------)))))))+++, where many black and white singles who want to meet and seek fun & love seriously! Join us to begin our connect!

Posted by: Maggie | July 17, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

gil, i'm glad you enjoyed your stay here in manila and thank you for those sweet words... a lot of other celebrities came here but they weren't half as sweet as you.

hope you come back here again!

Posted by: kewlnbubbly | July 17, 2008 11:14 PM | Report abuse

gil what's up with the sports bra? I know you have been working out but you have to come up with a better way of showing it.

Posted by: mjuniel | July 18, 2008 8:46 PM | Report abuse

I want the nba to go in phil. To play a pre season game this coming october in big dome and I think a lot of filipino people will be happy if that happen and I know the arena will be sold out...promse!

Posted by: edward87 | July 18, 2008 9:52 PM | Report abuse

Gilbert I was so happy that u been there in phil.and you are the best point guard in nba

Posted by: edrian | July 18, 2008 9:56 PM | Report abuse

you gil mamen! nice to see u visit my beloved country......your such a good man and stayed humble regardless with your superstar status.......you rock us all!!!!!and keeping an inspirations to our youth in here.....keep it up man.....godbless with your career too......real man wear skirts......

Posted by: Anonymous | July 19, 2008 3:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ronald"a6gel" from dvo.phil. | July 19, 2008 3:42 AM | Report abuse

agent 0 rocks!!!!!!!

Posted by: ronald"a6gel"from dvo,phil. | July 19, 2008 3:45 AM | Report abuse

thx agent zero..hope u visit again in the philippines.

Posted by: wads | July 19, 2008 7:54 AM | Report abuse

hey gil bring wiz to the finals ok!

Posted by: pao gallardo | July 19, 2008 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Filipinos are Basketball Fanatics.. They love all about NBA.

www.unisoftinc.bravehost.com

Posted by: agent02 | July 20, 2008 3:18 AM | Report abuse

Oh nice where are the photos taken in China, Beijing or Shanghai?

Posted by: Chineseboy | July 20, 2008 5:00 AM | Report abuse

Gil..thanks! man... were glad that you have fun visiting the Philippines..and helping those kids to have a basketball court.. its huge.. for us.....plus your hands printed on the cement floor..you rock..

Posted by: marlon KSA | July 20, 2008 5:17 AM | Report abuse

Filipinos are Basketball Fanatics.. They love all about NBA.

www.unisoftinc.bravehost.com

Posted by: agent02 | July 20, 2008 5:46 AM | Report abuse

Arenas is such a nice man``

keep fighting..

i appreciate ur style..

keep doing!!!!

Posted by: jordan hom.china. | July 20, 2008 8:36 AM | Report abuse

he mr.Areanas its nice that u resigned with the wizards again hope to see u on the court so keep it real and cool and stay healthy.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 20, 2008 9:33 PM | Report abuse

WHAT A GUY!

Posted by: bob | July 22, 2008 6:11 AM | Report abuse

I went to the Philippines last year and travelled nearly all over the country...many things fracture the tiny country such as culture, religion, andover 5 or 60 dialects (or more depending on who you talk to) but there is one unifying force: basketball!!! I saw courts of all different sizes and shapes in barangays in the country and cities. I even saw a dirt court on the side of a mountain road going while I was going to view Cebu City at night. Old dudes were out there with the young men hoopin' it up. Shirtless and some shoeless jackin' up shots on a rikity old wooden backboard and hoop. There is passion for the Game all over...NBA needs to do an exhibition game there. Oh and the fans would come by the thousands.

Posted by: I agree | July 22, 2008 7:38 AM | Report abuse

hey gil I don't think you deserve one of the most high salary contract in the NBA. well if you can earn your your team a championship u deserve it .

Posted by: Lester Lee | July 22, 2008 10:55 PM | Report abuse

startng today u'r already my basktbl idol,, u're such a gud person..

Filipinos admire you...!