Redskins Fans Show Their Dedication

Sadly, I never got the full story on this one, so I'm just gonna have to imagine.

[Thought bubble.]

Hey honey, what should we do today? The swimming pool? The playground? Maybe one of the museums? Or, wait, I've got it, what if we dressed our grade schooler up in a wedding dress, went and stood out in the blazing sun, and then had her propose to a married, grown football player six times older than her via a homemade sign, even bearing in mind the possibility that said football player will choose to sign autographs at a different section of fencing and, as it turns out, won't even appear to notice our sign?

The latter, of course!

Look, these things are about dedication. It's hard to explain. You've just got to feel it in your soul. And in the soul of your daughter.

By Dan Steinberg  |  July 21, 2008; 10:44 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Seven Bowel Movements: A Training Camp Conversation With Stefan Fatsis
Next: The Redskins Hire Their Blogger

Comments

Pimpin' aint easy.

Posted by: ahern | July 21, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Steinberg, don't lie. You know you have a ZornStar onesie on order.

Posted by: Dan Levy | July 21, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

If you have four items in a series (swimming pool, playground, museum, Bride of Santana), the fourth item in that series is the last item, not the latter item. I am just trying to help because I know the Post laid off all its copy editors.

Posted by: Lindemann | July 21, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

i'd add that to the 'more wierd white stuff' category.

Posted by: entry entered | July 21, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Of course if she'd known he got MARRIED earlier this spring, she'd had a sign that read: "Santana, will you commit adultery with me."

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:26 AM | Report abuse