Socks, Shoes, Shorts at Redskins Park

By Pablo Martinez Monsivais - AP.

Carlos Rogers: Ask [Smoot] where he gets his dress code from me. He copies me on everything. I bought these shoes [pictured at right], he copied me on my shoes, I had to buy him a pair. Now I'm about to buy the burgundy candy-painted shoes, he needs a pair.

Carlos Rogers's shoes.

Dan Steinberg: Burgundy what?

Carlos Rogers: Candy. Candy-painted. Shiny.

Dan Steinberg: You have to buy them? They don't give them to you?

Jason Campbell's shoes.

Carlos Rogers: Nah, not this color. You ain't heard of candy-painted? You don't know nothing?

[The next day]

Carlos Rogers [shaking head]: "I come out with long socks, of course he's got to come out in his long socks." [Pictured above]

Chris Cooley's socks. Man, this makes me seem creepy.

Chris Cooley: "I just like having [long] socks because it keeps all the sweat from going into my shoes. My mom, I said, 'give me some long socks,' she brought burgundy and gold. Surprise. She went to the soccer store."

Chris Cooley on his shorts: "They've got to be Redskins-issued, they can't be my bike shorts. I like the bike shorts. So these are redskins issued, they're like sweat pants and i just cut 'em off. I hate 'em over my knees."

And this pretty much concludes the D.C. Sports Bog's coverage of Redskins Training Camp. See ya in the Meadowlands, basically. But this is a sincere request: anyone who goes to Canton and emerges with hysterical and/or touching and/or memorable and/or Olympic-handball related stories or pictures, send 'em along.

By Dan Steinberg  |  July 28, 2008; 3:26 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jason Fabini's Night in the Kitchen
Next: Gilbert's Million-Dollar Pool: The Pics

I can't BELIEVE you're not assigned to Canton.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 28, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

BEIJING > CANTON (even though I'll be in Canton)

Posted by: littles | July 28, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Steinbog, you continue to amaze me with your Redskins "Insider" Information

you trounce JLC on a daily basis

mazel mazel

Posted by: jonthefisherman | July 28, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

I am pretty sure Rogers and Smoot are rocking Nike's Talaria IV soccer cleats.

Posted by: swwj | July 28, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Have a safe trip and be sure to wear a germ mask (looks wierd but keeps you hydrated and healthy)on your flights and in the city. Don't let the smog get you down!

Posted by: LizKauai | July 28, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

The gold trimmed, and candy gold cleats have been by far the best Redskins fashion development of my lifetime.

Posted by: Ben | July 28, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Yes, littles. I need my Ivano Balic fix.

Posted by: B.A. | July 28, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

You can get Cantonese food in either place, right? So, it looks like a win-win.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 28, 2008 9:51 PM | Report abuse

I can just picture Steinberg turning into more and more of a nervous pervert as Smoot and Rogers toss more slang his way. It's like they know he is the whitest guy covering the Skins and come up with things/phrases/slang, to say to him before they come out of the lockerroom just to confuse him and see his reaction.

Posted by: Fushezzi | July 29, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

I am pretty sure Rogers and Smoot are rocking Nike's Talaria IV soccer cleats.

Most likely.

And the "Candy Burgandy" is the "Sport Red/Metallic Gold/Black" colorway.

Posted by: James | July 29, 2008 8:48 AM | Report abuse

I'll def take plenty of pics in Canton for you Dan. In exchange, I may need you to bail me out of jail for punching Michael Irvin in the eye.

Posted by: G20 FdaCowboys | July 29, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

"hey know he is the whitest guy covering the Skins"

Aw, c'mon. I'm sure he's in the running, but the WHITEST?

Posted by: Extra P. | July 29, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Yes, the terms of skin complexion, voice, vocabulary and mannerisms.

If we could get him next to Dexter Manley we'd have the polar opposites of DC.

Posted by: Fushezzi | July 29, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

It's possible they're Mercurials.

I hate the stud pattern on Nikes, someone needs to turn Carlos and Smoot on to some Adidas F30.8s, Puma King Execs, or Puma v1.08s.

Posted by: AlecW81 | July 30, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse