Socks, Shoes, Shorts at Redskins Park

By Pablo Martinez Monsivais - AP.

Carlos Rogers: Ask [Smoot] where he gets his dress code from me. He copies me on everything. I bought these shoes [pictured at right], he copied me on my shoes, I had to buy him a pair. Now I'm about to buy the burgundy candy-painted shoes, he needs a pair.

Carlos Rogers's shoes.

Dan Steinberg: Burgundy what?

Carlos Rogers: Candy. Candy-painted. Shiny.

Dan Steinberg: You have to buy them? They don't give them to you?

Jason Campbell's shoes.

Carlos Rogers: Nah, not this color. You ain't heard of candy-painted? You don't know nothing?

[The next day]

Carlos Rogers [shaking head]: "I come out with long socks, of course he's got to come out in his long socks." [Pictured above]

[Unrelated]

Chris Cooley's socks. Man, this makes me seem creepy.

Chris Cooley: "I just like having [long] socks because it keeps all the sweat from going into my shoes. My mom, I said, 'give me some long socks,' she brought burgundy and gold. Surprise. She went to the soccer store."

Chris Cooley on his shorts: "They've got to be Redskins-issued, they can't be my bike shorts. I like the bike shorts. So these are redskins issued, they're like sweat pants and i just cut 'em off. I hate 'em over my knees."

And this pretty much concludes the D.C. Sports Bog's coverage of Redskins Training Camp. See ya in the Meadowlands, basically. But this is a sincere request: anyone who goes to Canton and emerges with hysterical and/or touching and/or memorable and/or Olympic-handball related stories or pictures, send 'em along.

By Dan Steinberg  |  July 28, 2008; 3:26 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jason Fabini's Night in the Kitchen
Next: Gilbert's Million-Dollar Pool: The Pics

Comments

I can't BELIEVE you're not assigned to Canton.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 28, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

BEIJING > CANTON (even though I'll be in Canton)

Posted by: littles | July 28, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Steinbog, you continue to amaze me with your Redskins "Insider" Information

you trounce JLC on a daily basis

mazel mazel

Posted by: jonthefisherman | July 28, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

I am pretty sure Rogers and Smoot are rocking Nike's Talaria IV soccer cleats.

Posted by: swwj | July 28, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Have a safe trip and be sure to wear a germ mask (looks wierd but keeps you hydrated and healthy)on your flights and in the city. Don't let the smog get you down!

Posted by: LizKauai | July 28, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

The gold trimmed, and candy gold cleats have been by far the best Redskins fashion development of my lifetime.

Posted by: Ben | July 28, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Yes, littles. I need my Ivano Balic fix.

Posted by: B.A. | July 28, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

You can get Cantonese food in either place, right? So, it looks like a win-win.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 28, 2008 9:51 PM | Report abuse

I can just picture Steinberg turning into more and more of a nervous pervert as Smoot and Rogers toss more slang his way. It's like they know he is the whitest guy covering the Skins and come up with things/phrases/slang, to say to him before they come out of the lockerroom just to confuse him and see his reaction.

Posted by: Fushezzi | July 29, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

I am pretty sure Rogers and Smoot are rocking Nike's Talaria IV soccer cleats.

Most likely.

And the "Candy Burgandy" is the "Sport Red/Metallic Gold/Black" colorway.

Posted by: James | July 29, 2008 8:48 AM | Report abuse

I'll def take plenty of pics in Canton for you Dan. In exchange, I may need you to bail me out of jail for punching Michael Irvin in the eye.

Posted by: G20 FdaCowboys | July 29, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

"hey know he is the whitest guy covering the Skins"

Aw, c'mon. I'm sure he's in the running, but the WHITEST?

Posted by: Extra P. | July 29, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Yes, the whitest...in terms of skin complexion, voice, vocabulary and mannerisms.

If we could get him next to Dexter Manley we'd have the polar opposites of DC.

Posted by: Fushezzi | July 29, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

It's possible they're Mercurials.

I hate the stud pattern on Nikes, someone needs to turn Carlos and Smoot on to some Adidas F30.8s, Puma King Execs, or Puma v1.08s.

Posted by: AlecW81 | July 30, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse