This Week's Top 10 WaPo Sports Stories: Skins Rule
As mentioned last week, every Friday I'll be listing the Top 10 most viewed WaPo sports stories of the previous seven days (i.e., Friday through Thursday). Sadly, my list will not include page view numbers; only the rankings (although the numbers are massively interesting). Happily, sports columns will be included, when applicable.
And I know that there are strong arguments that our Redskins coverage is king because we make it so, that if devoted similar resources to other teams we would see an increase in readers, and so on. I also realize that this was an incredibly slow week for local sports aside the Redskins, especially with the Nats out West. Still, it was burgundy and gold domination; the top seven sports news stories were all Redskins-related. When you include columns, it was the top 10, and 15 of the top 18. (Possibly more, but that's where my list ends.)
1. Rough Start, Big Finish, by Jason La Canfora and Jason Reid. Redskins news story about Phillip Daniels injury and Jason Taylor trade.
2. Dancing With Yet Another Star, by Mike Wise. Redskins column about Jason Taylor trade and how it fits into the team philosophy. Great headline, by the way.
3. Portis's Latest Role: Adulthood, by Mike Wise. Redskins column, in which Portis, for the first time, talks about becoming a father.
4. Blazing New Trails, by Les Carpenter. Redskins feature about new coach Jim Zorn, with plenty of new stuff about Zorn's eclectic interests and religious convictions.
5. In the End, a Good Fit, by Jason La Canfora and Jason Reid. Redskins news story about Jason Taylor's introduction at Redskins Park, with comments from Taylor, coaches and teammates.
6. Playing With Pain, by Jason La Canfora. Redskins feature about Shawn Springs's tough offseason and his brief flirtation with retirement.
7. Redskins Lay a Lot on the Line, by Jason La Canfora. Redskins analysis about concerns on the offensive line.
8. Redskins' Wideouts Have Gains In Mind, by Jason Reid. Redskins analysis about health concerns and potential in this year's crop of receivers.
9. More Than Just a Pretty Face, by Mike Wise. Redskins column about Jason Taylor's introduction, containing the now-infamous Jason Fabini slight.
10. Coach Is Pleased With Portis's Commitment, by Jason Reid and Jason La Canfora. Redskins notebook, leading with the news that Clinton Portis had financial incentives for his offseason workouts.
July 25, 2008; 3:19 PM ET
Categories: Caps , D.C. United , Media , Nats , Redskins , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: Fred Smoot Hangs Out With Gilbert
Next: Morning Look: This Car Loves the Redskins
The comments to this entry are closed.