Carmelo Met Some Archers

But first, a word about the sporadic and bizarre nature of these videos. The rule, as I understand it, as that I'm allowed allowed to take video from inside the Main Press Center. Very few international delegations use the MPC during the Games, although the Americans have press conferences here regularly. So when I'm around, and feeling adventuresome, I sometimes go to a press conference and see what video magic might be had.

This particular video effort got cut short once I became distracted by Carmelo Anthony's stalkers, but before that happened, I chatted with Chris Paul, Carmelo, Carlos Boozer and Mike D'Antoni about the wacky world of Olympic sports.

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 12, 2008; 10:29 AM ET
Categories:  NBA , Olympics
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lloy Ball, Tattoos and Capricious Youth
Next: The Objective German Media

Comments

Yo Dan! Stop Snitching!

Posted by: Bodymore, Murdaland | August 12, 2008 11:02 AM | Report abuse

If you live outside the beltway watch out for the tax about to be imposed on traveling to the city!!!

Posted by: Beltway Bliss | August 12, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Hey, awesome, Chris Paul has the same agent as Michael Phelps. I *heart* the business of sports.

So video from the Main Press Center is okay, video from Redskins Park is still not okay.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 12, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Nice work. Dan ... you going to ask the more serious questions? Like, how many girls has Melo and Kidd have been with?

Posted by: wok | August 12, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I think you should inquire with all athletes if they have eaten local food and experienced Deng Xiaopeng's Revenge!

Posted by: nerditry | August 12, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Archery is like soooo weird.

Mike D'Antoni....I'd like to go to any competition, but i won't because I'm a jerk.

Melo has met a lot of people, but has not taken the time to remember any of them. He also has interacted with entire countries.

Good stuff.

Posted by: TruthAboutIt.net | August 12, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Carmello Anthony could qualify for the special olympics.

painful

Posted by: Joe Dumars | August 12, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Carmello Anthony = Baltimore's finest

Posted by: ha | August 12, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Melo and Paul don't come off as the sharpest knives in the drawer for sure. But I would like to say the Mr Boozer seems like a nice young man. It seemed like he had an appreciatation for where he was and he was able to express it to you. Imagine that a prof athelete who can speak english.

Actually I shouldn't put Paul in the same category as Melo. Paul was fine too. Except who eats McDonalds in China...which competing for a gold medal? That was hilarious. Melo...wow - Syracuse?

Posted by: PJP5 | August 12, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

I have been living and teaching English in China for the past 6 yrs. I am returning to the Chicago Public Schools in September.
I think there is a tremendous need for my pedagogical skills in the NBA. It's sad and somewhat embarrassing to listen to my "homeboyz" inept articulation, limited vocabulary and poor verbal fluency. David Stern...don't you want to see my Resume!

Posted by: Dr. Charles Bryant, Ph.D. | August 12, 2008 10:06 PM | Report abuse

You will eat Mcdonald's in China if you are not sure what that other crap is they have on a stick! Leave the fellas alone. I think they all spoke well or some poster saying that because they don't talk "white"

There is always someone, somewhere, trying to but a brother down! Damn!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

i must say --- i don't really care much for your blog (esp. since you copy your format from other sports bloggers), but i will give you props and say you are doing a fab job at providing us back home readers with O-08 insite that we might not otherwise have been privy to.

good job. you work better abroad.

Posted by: namenotposted | August 13, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

yep. dan's blog is full of posts downing Black athletes. you know, the ones they love to hate, but pay to see anyway.

even dan makes fun. get that. the corny white boy - with no swag, no athletic ability, corny, at best - pokes fun of those doing what he never ever would do, getting paid handsomely for it, and they STILL are generous enough to grant him interviews.

Posted by: analyze | August 13, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

and oh, by the way.... regarding that poster who ragged on the articulation of athletes - just no this - no one wants to be a whiny sounding white person anyway, sounding like whiny 10 year olds who haven't gotten thru puberty.

*(&*(&&(&%&F,