SmogChat: Tuesday at 11 a.m.

Our hard-working "live online" staff has determined that the best time for us to conduct our famousish online chats this month will be 10 pm / 11 pm / midnight Beijing time, which translates loosely to 10 am / 11 am / noon D.C. time.

I'm gonna help kick things off (I think) Tuesday at 11 am EST. Go here to submit all your strange and serious Olympic and bloggy questions. And you owe me lots of questions, since you're not commenting very much, you ingrates.

Editor's Note: If you haven't checked out Jonathan Newton's photoblog, "The Games, Framed," here's one good, Smog-related reason to do so now.

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 4, 2008; 5:58 PM ET
Categories:  Olympics
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: These Games Are All About the Wizards
Next: Signs of the Games: Smiling Coppers

Comments

You must be getting some decent readership, even if few are leaving comments--I tried getting to the link to the photoblog several times--too busy to let me in so far. And I'm almost caught up on previous posts; WHEW! Once I do, I look forward to checking in once a day for some fun reading. BTW, when do you plan to sleep?

Posted by: Bobbie | August 4, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

How do you say ingrates in Chinese?

Posted by: JDP | August 4, 2008 8:21 PM | Report abuse

ARGH

Why can't I comment on the PhotoBlog!!!!!!

Posted by: littles | August 4, 2008 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Loyal reader here reporting for obligatory chat question duty, SIR!

Umm...how does Beijing smell?

Posted by: Ben | August 5, 2008 12:26 AM | Report abuse

It's the time difference - by the time we post our comment, it's already 3 days in the future. We move on...

Posted by: Rob Iola | August 5, 2008 12:43 AM | Report abuse

Team handball is played on a field 40 meters long.
A water polo ball weighs between 400 and 450 grams.
A discus has a diameter of 220 mm.
Steeplechase (track) water pits have sloping bottoms to reward longer jumpers with shallower landings.
At release, a javelin can reach speeds of 70 miles per hour.
An average of 1 person per year dies in the pole vault, making it the deadliest sport in America.
In archery, the distance from the archer to the target is 70 meters.
Taekwondo will be a single elimination tournament at the Beijing Olympics - 2 bronze metals will be awarded.
"Track and Field" is not a sports category in the Olympics, but rather it is called "Athletics".
World class racewalkers average 7 minute miles.
Dick Fosbury used the "Fosbury Flop" to win the high-jumping gold medal in the 1968 Olympics.

Pins?

Posted by: jhorstma | August 5, 2008 1:15 AM | Report abuse

I'm estatic to have found your blog, it's just what I was looking for in my olympic experience. I'll be a loyal reader, at least until I head out on vacation!

I think you might want to chain your blackberry to yourself - wouldn't want you to lose it and have the person who finds it start making prank calls to all your WP contacts!

Posted by: gd | August 5, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse