Daniel Snyder Gets Heckled

The Sewell brothers; Anthony (with cowboy hat) and Robert.

Walking down to the field level, here's what I noticed.

* Carlos Rogers with the so-called candy painted bright yellow cleats. (Uniform is burgundy pants and white shirts, if that wasn't known, and nearly everyone has burgundy socks pulled down low.)

* A Redskins fan yelling "hey Derrick!" at Durant Brooks.

* Clinton Portis going through warm up drills with his bright yellow Nike high-tops loose, the tongues flapping all around.

* Daniel Snyder wearing sunglasses inside a shady stadium at around 6 o'clock.

* And two brothers, Anthony and Robert Sewell, heckling the wingtips off of Snyder.

Among their joint offerings:

"Dan Snyder! Why don't you try to go buy Kings Dominion! Buy Kings Dominion Dan! Six Flags sucks! You need to clean up the Landover Six Flags. Six Flags is ghetto in P.G. Dan Snyder, go buy Kings Dominion, because Six Flags is GHETTO, especially in P.G. You know it. You know you hear me. Clean that up. Clean P.G. Six Flags up. C'mon, Dan. Stop sweating, Dan. Clean it up."

He definitely heard. There was no way not to. ""He won't look, but he knows," Anthony said. Mike Wise started talking about the Sewells on Washington Post Live, explaining to the panel that he couldn't hear them because of some loud fans. He was right; the Sewells are loud. They also saw Steve Tisch, and Anthony asked for a job.

"We'd be a Super Bowl contender every year if I was on the sideline!" he yelled. "I motivate men to do great things, that's what I do, that's what I do Mr. Tisch, that's what I do. I motivate men to do great things."

(I asked what he actually does. "Actually I'm a real estate investor and I work with Hewlett Packard in IT--best IT systems on the planet," he told me. "But in THIS building, I motivate men.)

"I'll have you in the Super Bowl, at least in the running, every year," Anthony promised Tisch. "You put me on the staff, it's over. I motivate men. I motivate men, all right?"

"Where do I sign?" Tisch asked, laughing, and the whole end zone laughed with him.

The heckling also spread to the players. "Hey London, what's your last name?" they shouted at London Fletcher. "Fletcher-Baker? Where'd the baker come from? You make muffins now?"

Santana Moss walked by.

"Santana can't speak English, Santana can't speak English!" they shouted. "Santana speaks like a daggone third grader, from a BAD family. He speaks like a Neanderthal."

I asked them about their particular emphasis on the Six Flags thing, and they went crazy again.

"I know all about Daniel Snyder's little slum amusement park, Six Flags," Anthony said. "If you let you your children go there, you're a bad parent."

"Awful place," Robert said.

"Awful," Anthony agreed. "Awful, awful, awful, awful. He's investing in a freaking ghetto hole. I mean, it's awful that he puts his name on an amusement park which is a ghetto hole. Actually, my mother wanted to take [my kids] there, I said no. I said, 'Oh, you are crazy.' They will not go. And she ended up taking them to Six Flags in New Jersey, which is better."

Then he started talking to Giants' receiver Domenik Hixon's dad.

Yeah. That 6 o'clock shade is tough to take.

By Dan Steinberg  |  September 4, 2008; 5:54 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: J. Taylor Jogs; Vegas Loves the Skins
Next: Celebrity Sightings

Comments

That's awesome. A "ghetto hole." Classic. And it couldn't happen to a better guy. Snyder deserves it.

Posted by: Colin | September 4, 2008 6:36 PM | Report abuse

When did Snyder take Agent Kay's spot in the M.I.B?

Posted by: StetSports.com | September 4, 2008 8:44 PM | Report abuse

Weak. The funniest thing they said was "Hewlett Packard in IT--best IT systems on the planet."

Posted by: sitruc | September 5, 2008 1:29 AM | Report abuse

The observations on the Landover Six Flags are right on target, unfortunately. Bring back Wild World!

Posted by: Lindemann | September 5, 2008 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Nope, here's the funniest thing said: "Santana can't speak English; Santana can't speak English!"
And they are, for the most part, right. Moss went to an ACC school, for crying out loud.

Posted by: Naf Salad | September 5, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Snyder deserves a LOT more than words hurled at him.
Take from that what you will.

However it would also help if those words were more like quality heckles, and less like loud statements of fact. It's like yelling at somebody who's short "HEY, YOU'RE SHORT!" It's true, but it's not exactly witty.

Something like "are you wearing those sunglasses so we can't see that you're full of [shiggedy] up to your eyeballs?" Or "you gotta be the only guy who owns an amusement park who's not even tall enough to get on the rides!" Or "do you charge extra for the fans to see the Redskins actually win more than 9 games?" Or "the Army Corp of Engineers did a better job rebuilding the levees than you've done with this franchise!" Or "make sure you're in the front row when Strahan comes out with the Lombardi Trophy! Not only so you can actually see something, but because it's the closest you'll ever get to seeing one that isn't behind glass in Ashburn!"

(Disclaimer: I know, they unearth them for press conferences.)

Posted by: Goat | September 5, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

The worst part is, I'm actually a Redskins fan. I'm just fed up with seeing "Lil' Danny's Megalomaniacal Football Sideshow" on a yearly basis instead of a quality NFL team that you can actually think will win instead of relying on blind faith and homeristic hope.

Posted by: Goat | September 5, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Six Flags is a ghetto hole. I would always recommend Kings Dominion.

Don't want $nyder to buy it though and FV( K up another park (and ruin the stock).

Posted by: Not Anonymous | September 5, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

oh, gee. steinberg doing what he does best in his blog. bash Black people.

hey steinberg - i guess you didn't hear what the meth makers were saying about cerrato.

Posted by: canfillthis | September 5, 2008 5:39 PM | Report abuse

I do believe canfillthis has literally killed the internet with the most ridiculous claim ever.

Posted by: Chest Rockwell | September 5, 2008 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Way to say it Goat! Me too, brother.

I love what the 'Skins were before lil' Dano took over. I now abhor the Danomen! but still love my old 'skins B.D. (Before-Dano).

Posted by: goat-too | September 5, 2008 7:43 PM | Report abuse

steinberg you racist! (what?)

Posted by: andy | September 5, 2008 7:52 PM | Report abuse

people like you, would think that.

Posted by: canfillthis | September 6, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

that was for crest rocknotsowell

Posted by: cnafillthis | September 6, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse