Gilbert Got Engaged

Congratulations to Gilbert Arenas, set to join the ranks of the married at some undefined future point. The Reliable Source broke the engagement news this morning; here's the Gilbert quote:

Life is about growth and getting smarter about the choices we make. Being a husband and father will require both of those!

!, indeed!

So, an Arenas wedding reception? The mind boggles. The ice sculptures will have ice sculptures. Gilbert has previously published some thoughts on marriage, like when he went to Jason Gardner's affair:

I couldn't decide on a gift. So, I kinda paid for the wedding. You don't know what to give for gifts so you give money. If they end up using the money for the wedding, you end up paying for the wedding. I didn't know what to give! What do you give a guy that's getting married? I don't know.

I know what I'm giving him: a cheese grater. I just wonder if they're going to register anywhere besides the NBA Store.

By Dan Steinberg  |  September 23, 2008; 10:59 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Vintage Zorn Quotes
Next: This Was a Pretty Good Year For the Nats

Comments

That doesn't even sound like anything he would say.. First of all how in the world would he be sending a email to a news reporter.. I wait on this one from the horses mouth..

Posted by: Anonymous | September 23, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

that's wonderful, I hope to see his wife at the game someday

oh wait, he won't be playing any

friggin wizards

Posted by: Glen from D.C. | September 23, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Come on, Dan. The obvious post on this occasion is to ask readers what they would recommend as a wedding gift for Gilbert.

I would suggest a minitramp (like he used to dunk at the last all-star game).

Or, you could ask readers to describe Gilbert's wedding and/or wedding reception.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

A new couch to sleep on.

Posted by: Gift Idea | September 23, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

would Gilbert be the first married guy that actually enjoys being kicked out of the bedroom to the couch?

Posted by: wonders | September 23, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Pre-Nup

Posted by: Anonymous | September 23, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

I agree with the couch. get him a fancy, state of the art, quality couch.

Posted by: DSGB | September 23, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Is he still under drugs from the operation... I don't see this being a top priority in his life right now... He's too focus on being back on the court. They might have gotten theyre info wrong because this weekend she was out hanging with her friends from Cali for her birthday.

Posted by: Jay | September 23, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Let wait to hear from Gilbert himself on his blog.. Somehow I don't believe the Reliable Source Columnist..

Posted by: Junior | September 23, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

I second the PreNup post.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 23, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Gossip: Chasing D.C.'s 'Real Celebs' - Newsweek Periscope - MSNBC.com
... "Reliable Source" for the Post, admitted "it is challenging to cover gossip in ... Serious gossip junkies now have few sources for naughty news (the gossip blog ...
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7693252/site/newsweek - Cached

They like finding stories on Gilbert when it comes to this girl

Posted by: Anonymous | September 23, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

I hope his girlfriend starts a gold-digging school so I can take some classes. Being independent and paying your own mortgage is not as easy as signing up for the 'NBA Payday'.

Maybe I can find some unsuspecting NBA player to give me an undeserved lifestyle of luxury after I give birth to two kids and chase him around the country with a summons.

Wow! The drama that people call love. Get a PRE-NUP Gil. I am quite sure it won't be cheap to get rid of her.

I am signing off now. Gotta go to Home Depot to get a shovel and a mining pan to put in my car in case I meet a rich fool.

Go Wizards!