Last Week's Top 10 WaPo Sports Stories
Redskins Redskins, blah blah blah blah, Olympics Redskins Redskins Redskins from here till February. With obvious exceptions for the first crazy thing Gilbert Arenas says, the first crazy thing Alex Ovechkin does, and anything lewd or lascivious the bosses might have up their sleeves, this list is now burgundy and gold until I say it isn't.
Bear in mind that this list is through last Thursday's stories, which makes it confusingly out of date, but I want to post it here for the sake of completeness. Also so we can start these lists, seven weeks into this projec.
Most read topics:
1. Redskins (42 top-ten links)
2. Olympics (17)
3. Other NFL (3)
Most read authors:
1. Jason Reid (17 top-ten bylines)
2. Mike Wise (11)
3. Jason La Canfora (9)
4. Barry Svrluga (5.5)
Anyhow, here's last week's list of the top 10 most views sports stories and columns on our Web site:
1. This 'Inquiry' Falls Flat, by Sally Jenkins. Olympics column, criticizing the IOC for its weak-kneed investigation into the possibility of underage Chinese gymnasts.
2. Dinner and a Job, But There's a Cost, by Mike Wise. Redskins column about Greg Blache's path to the defensive coordinator job, and the friction it caused with former boss Gregg Williams.
3. Redskins' Starters May Not Rest Up, by Jason Reid. Early-week Redskins news story, about Coach Jim Zorn considering playing his starters in the final preseason game. Risky! Daring!
4. Goodbye Honeymoon, Hello Reality, by Mike Wise. Redskins column about the second-to-last preseason game, which Wise called "a night of a thousand disasters." That's a lot of disasters.
5. IOC Requests Inquiry on Ages, by Liz Clarke and Amy Shipley. Olympics news story on the IOC requesting a clarification from the International Federation of Gymnastics about the age of Chinese gymnast He Kexin. Turns out sports section readers love women's gymnastics.
6. Offense is Told to Start Again, by Jason Reid. Mid-week Redskins news story, about Coach Jim Zorn deciding to play his starters in the final preseason game. Risky! Daring!
7. Loss is Doubly Troubling for Redskins, by Jason Reid. Redskins gamer on second-to-last fake preseason game, that 47-3 loss in Carolina that included the Jason Taylor injury.
8. In Medal Count, It's 'Haul' Britannia, by Liz Clarke and Kevin Sullivan. Olympics news story, on the record performance by British athletes: fourth in the medal standings, with a newfound swagger heading into London 2012.
9. Redskins Have A Lot to Mourn, by Jason La Canfora and Jason Reid. Redskins news story on the nearly simultaneous deaths of Joe Bugel's daughter Holly and NFL Players Association honcho Gene Upshaw.
10. Williams's Ties Bind Him to D.C., by Jason La Canfora. Redskins feature on departed defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and his continuing ties with and feelings for the Redskins franchise.
September 2, 2008; 10:44 AM ET
Categories: Caps , D.C. United , Media , Nats , Olympics , Redskins , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: 2008-2009 Redskins Odds
Next: Cal Ripken at the Mall
Posted by: StetSports.com | September 2, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: dadryan | September 2, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Washington Post | September 2, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Chris | September 2, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: PB | September 2, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: dadryan | September 2, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: PB | September 2, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: dadryan | September 2, 2008 5:53 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: PB | September 2, 2008 8:17 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.