Morning Look: Where Were You Saturday?

Since yesterday, anyone attempting to visit the home page of Middle Tennessee State Athletics has been met with this message: "Where Were You?" along with an inspirational video featuring highlights of Maryland's inspirational loss to the Blue Raiders.

And indeed, 40 years from now, this game will be added to the list: Where were you when Kennedy was shot? Where were you when the Challenger exploded? Where were you when the O.J. verdict came down? And where were you....when a middle-of-the-pack ACC football team lost to a middle-of-the-pack Sun Belt team by a touchdown and a field goal on the second weekend of the 2008 season?

Anyhow, judging from some of the images of the game, "You" may have been a lot of places on Saturday, but you sure weren't in the stands at this game. Unless you were dressed up like a big turtle and were calling yourself Testudo.

And one more thing. For all the hyperventilating about the Redskins losing by nine at the Super Bowl champions, it's a lot, lot worse for Maryland to lose by 10 in Murfreesboro. Like, a LOT worse. We're going to have to be on double-hyperventilation duty around here this fall.

By Dan Steinberg  |  September 8, 2008; 10:55 AM ET
Categories:  Morning Look , Terps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Media Responses to the Skins Loss
Next: Zorn Rides Bikes With the President

Comments

I figured going in to the season that both teams would be bad, and at least one has proven me right.

Was I pissed that they lost this game? Yeah. Surprised? Not really. It's gonna be a long season in College Park.

Posted by: Grant | September 8, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

This stuff goes round and round. With Turner, I'm sure the Terps will find their way. Doo-wop-doo-doo.

Posted by: DD | September 8, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Fire Gary Williams!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 8, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Middle of the pack ACC team? Wow. You're really optimistic.

Posted by: Kim | September 8, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

I was in Charlottesville watching another middle-of-the-pack ACC team either A. struggle to beat a FCS team or B. Shut out and FCS team depending on your spin.

Posted by: FS | September 8, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I'm pretty glad I was able to sell my tickets and parking pass to 3 of the Terp's home games this year. Long season indeed.

Posted by: Sombrero Guy | September 8, 2008 5:15 PM | Report abuse

This just makes the Blue Hens' loss to the Terps even more depressing.

Posted by: odessasteps magazine | September 8, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

I regret watching this like I regret watching the Wake Forest choke job last year. I'd say fire Fridge, but given the way they hand out bowls now, we could still fall backwards into one with a few lucky wins.

Posted by: MN | September 9, 2008 8:39 AM | Report abuse