This Week's Top 10 WaPo Sports Stories: SKND
Ok, I give up. You're all right. This is entirely boring. Starting next week, we'll have the top 10 weekly WaPo sports story and column links (all), and then the top 5 weekly WaPo sports story and column links (non-Redskins). Blog traffic would seem to indicate that the Caps and Terps are getting ready to dominate that junior circuit.
Anyhow, here's last week's list:
1. FIRST and LONG, by Les Carpenter. Redskins A1 story about the season-opening 16-7 loss to the Giants, which included the memorable phrase, "a harbinger of the calamity to come."
2. Zorn Inherits A Mess, by Sally Jenkins. Redskins column, casting doubt on the viability of the franchise, its new coach and its "world-class amateur of an owner."
3. Trampled Out of the Gate, by Jason Reid. Redskins game story, focusing on the offensive struggles of the Redskins season-opening loss.
4. Campbell Should Follow Path Blazed by Manning, by Mike Wise. Redskins column, suggesting that Jason Campbell's career-defining season could carry some of the flavor of Eli Manning's Super Bowl year.
5. Redskins' Kelly Lengthens Strides, by Jason Reid. Redskins news story on rookie Malcolm Kelly's quickening rehab from arthroscopic knee surgery, and on the advice he's gotten along the way from Campbell.
6. Trying to Get Up to Speed, by Jason La Canfora. Redskins news story on Jim Zorn's next-day press conference, in which he focused on his mistakes and those of quarterback Jason Campbell.
7. A Lag in Adjustment to West Coast Time, by Thomas Boswell. Redskins column on Campbell's adjustment into the WCO. Conclusion: "Will Campbell become a good West Coast quarterback? Doubtful. However, if there's any justice, will he prove us skeptics wrong? Absolutely."
8. Field-General Disarray, by Michael Wilbon. NFL column on the many injuries and QB changes during Week 1, with quarterback being "the most important position in American sports," according to Wilbon. Um, what about second base?
9. Trying to Lighten Burden on Campbell, by Jason Reid. Redskins notebook about teammates backing Campbell, and Jason Taylor still not feeling healthy.
10. Bidding Farwell to One's Livelihood, by Mike Wise. Redskins column about the auction that distributed many of the late Sean Taylor's remaining possessions.
Most read topics:
1. Redskins (61 top-10 links)
2. Olympics (17)
3. Other NFL (4)
Most read authors:
Jason Reid (24 top-10 bylines)
Mike Wise (15)
Jason La Canfora (12)
Barry Svrluga (5.5)
Les Carpenter (4)
(Joint bylines are given 0.5 credits.)
September 14, 2008; 8:14 AM ET
Categories: Caps , D.C. United , Media , Nats , Redskins , Wizards
Save & Share: Previous: Terps Pull Upset, Cal Pulls Upchuck
Next: Skins Win, Z Shades Are Triumphant
Posted by: StetSports.com | September 14, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Anonymous | September 14, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.