Today's Top Five: Lobbying Gilbert
Here's to a new start of actually updating this feature.
1. Baron Davis advises Gilbert Arenas to vote for Barack Obama, something something, swimming pool pics, etc.:
(I know he said he's gonna raise the taxes on the top income bracket, Gil, but if he uses that money to improve our schools then you won't have to worry about some kids trying to sell pictures of your pool online cause they couldn't get a better job.) LOL
Well, Baron, I can assure you that no one sold any pictures of Gilbert's pool online (for the record, I got these for free), but thanks for the shout-out, and good luck rallying Gilbert to your cause. (Yardbarker, via Stet Sports Blog and a million other places.)
2. The wealth of Sarah Palin sports-related information continues to grow, from the already legendary sportscast to the potential hockey-starring son-in-law to the long-ago high school hoops career. Maybe this will finally reverse Obama's edge with the athletes. (Deadspin)
3. Redskins fans are better educated, richer, and more likely to be women than Giants fans. I've been to FedEx Field. This really makes you wonder about Giants fans. (The Final Score via The Redskins Blog.)
4. The American Mustache Institute is searching for its first ever Mustached American of the Year. The suggestion has been made that a certain long-overdue Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee might have the chops to qualify for this award. Someone needs to go ahead and nominate the man. (American Mustache Institute)
5. Pro Football Talk people claim that my employer is ripping them off with the NFL Crime Watch Database. No idea how this project came to be, but after blogs have been ripping off newspaper quotes while lamenting our slide into obscurity, it would appear we can't win for losing, or lose for winning, or whatever. Let's all just quit and go sell cheese. (Pro Football Talk)
Posted by: StetSports.com | September 2, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: John Taylor | September 2, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: G20FdaCowboys | September 2, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Bobbie | September 2, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: UMD's Burning Couch | September 2, 2008 8:44 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.