About Those Philly Fan Egging the Team Bus

Eagles fans, earlier this year. (By Chris Gardner - Getty)

During his appearance on Elliot In The Morning today, Chris Cooley discussed yesterday's egging of his team bus by Eagles fans in admiring tones:

"You know what, though, they're good shots," he said of the Philly fans. "They've been practicing. You could see them coming in; they were leading the bus. It was good egging." The Redskins Blog told a similar tale. Herewith, the Redskins discuss yesterday's performance from the Eagles fans and their love of eggs.

"Oh yeah, they just come raining down when you pull in there," Casey Rabach said. "You know, I don't know how many we got hit with, but it looked like a hailstorm."

"They were lighting it up," Devin Thomas said.

"I'm talking about whoop," Malcolm Kelly said.

"I'm talking about the middle of the bus, like, bammmm, like busted and everything," Kedric Golston said. "I ain't never been thrown eggs at. I mean, at Philly, they throw everything."

"My bus only got hit with one egg, but I had my headphones on listening to music, and it was like two windows back, and all you hear was thump," Mike Sellers said. "Everybody starts cracking up, it was like, 'Oh we got here, here it comes.'

"It must have been one of those big ones too, an ostrich egg," Golston said.

"It was crazy, though, because the egg was actually thrown in front of the bus," Kelly said. "It was like a quarterback almost; you throw it to where the receiver's gonna be at. I was very impressed."

"Very impressed," Thomas agreed. "If they ever had a replacement [team] in Philly, they'd have to get that dude for quarterback, because he hit that thing on point."

"You would think it would probably happen in Dallas or something," Sellers said, "[but] they're nicer fans than Philly fans."

"The only thing we ever had happen in college was they tried to rock our bus and stuff," Thomas said.

"Nah, that happened to us: OU-Texas game," Kelly said. "They were throwing nachos, drinks. Everything, everything you could name."

"We didn't get no eggs," Rock Cartwright said of his bus yesterday. "I just know we got flipped off. By everybody, kids and everything."

"You've got the six -year olds flipping you off, and the dad's patting them on the back," Rabach said.

"They give us the bird, we wave," Sellers said. "The universal greeting, I guess, for Philly."

"Grandma's mooning you," Jon Jansen said.

"Oh yeah, definitely," Rabach said.

"I've had some old ladies moon us, oh yeah," Jansen said.

"It's hard to tell from the backside, to tell you the truth," Rabach said.

"Oh, you can tell," Jansen said. "When it's an old lady, you can tell."

"Even all the fans after the game were flipping [us] off, and we had a couple guys that were gonna moon 'em," Cooley said on Elliot. "We were flipping 'em off back. Our windows are so tinted, I really don't think they can see us."

"That just makes 'em happy, that they can [tick] you off," Rabach said.

"All they're looking for is a rise out of you, a reaction," Jansen said.

"That's Philly," Rabach said.

"That's what makes it fun," Jansen said.

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 6, 2008; 2:15 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jim Zorn Has Guts
Next: College Poll Voters Still Like Maryland

Comments

where's the nightmare fuel tag?

Posted by: sp | October 6, 2008 2:29 PM | Report abuse

A classy bunch of fans up there in Philly, aren't they? Well, at least the Skins gave them what they deserved. Bring on the Rams and let's rev up the Bandwagon. Dan, are you driving? Can you get the keys from Tony?

Posted by: Papa Smurf | October 6, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

No surprise from the classiest fans in the NFL. Cooley had me rolling this morning on EITM.

Posted by: SK1NS4L1FE | October 6, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

"Kedric Golston said, 'I ain't never been thrown eggs at.'"
And the U.S. educational system, as a whole, weeps.

Posted by: Naf Salad | October 6, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

EITM is gay

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse

I'm not weeping; I'm rich.

Posted by: Kedric Golston | October 6, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

What irony, Eagles fans throw eggs.....end up with egg all over their face.

Classic

Posted by: Predator 48 | October 6, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

No class whatsoever... it came out that they were actually throwing eagle eggs, bald eagle eggs... utterly reprehensible, and yet somehow not beneath Philly fans...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 6, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

If I lived in Philadelphia I'd be throwing things too.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse

At least Phily has the Phils until Manny, Joe and ? ruin the rest of their year.

Posted by: Monkman63 | October 6, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Monkman63 | October 6, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

At least Philly fans bother to fill up their stadium. FedEx Field is perennially minimum 40% Eagles fans when they come to town... what a disgrace.

I'm glad Elliott had a bunch of illiterate jackasses on his show speaking like idiots.

"We didn't get no eggs"... so you did get eggs?

"I ain't never been thrown eggs at"... I wish I could decipher this.

Posted by: Bill | October 6, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

You can expect it from Philly fans. None of them have any class. If you lived in the arm pit of america like Philth-adelphia you would be sore to. They can't help they're an un-educated bunch. We need to help the handicapped. It's not their fault they were born in alleys and section 8 housing. Leave them alone. It's not nice to make fun of people!!

Posted by: Big Jim | October 6, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

As a Philly native, I am not surprised by the egging. The fans here are passionate about their teams no matter if they are winning or not. Of course, if they are not winning, half the eggs are saved for the home team. Congrats on the win Washington. Until next time.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad Elliott had a bunch of illiterate jack'sses on his show speaking like idiots.

"We didn't get no eggs"... so you did get eggs?

"I ain't never been thrown eggs at"... I wish I could decipher this.

Posted by: Bill | October 6, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Yes, yes, Bill, I completely agree that the fans of Philadelphia's sports fans are in many ways superior... for me to poop on!

Posted by: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog | October 6, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Thats weird, I egged my pants after the big win...

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | October 6, 2008 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Whats surprising here, is that they didn't EGG the EAGLES!!

Posted by: Norton | October 6, 2008 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Why didn't they just throw Mr. Heavy (from the photo)? I usually don't like talking about people, but he embarrassed himself...

Posted by: Bridge | October 6, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

I guess it's time for Donavan McNabb to go out hurt again. He does so everytime they struggle.

Posted by: JoeB | October 6, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

what do you expect from the arm pit of the united states?

Posted by: scottyballs | October 6, 2008 6:22 PM | Report abuse

from baltimore and live in pa now, and know many eagles fans. can't think of one that i have the smallest bit of respect for, they are all arrogant and and quite frankly uneducated. they may call it fan support, but when you teach your children to act like that you are proving the world right to think that you are all basically neanderthals. i have been all over the u.s. and found philly to be the least appealing of any city i have visited, including new york. the fans are famous for rowdy behavior, i.e. santa clause booing! i just wish you still had T.O. he fit you're city perfectly!

Posted by: mikey | October 6, 2008 8:02 PM | Report abuse

And my friends that live outside of Philly ask me why I never go to see the Eggles play? Because every alcoholic tard migrates there every home game. Trust me folks, those fans don't represent the rest of us. The Linc is like one big toilet bowl of classless mo-rons, with maybe one set of teeth among the thousands. Seriously, there are a lot of morons there, the real fans stay home, just like you can't get a real cheese steak in Philly and everyone goes downtown to get one, you need to go to Delaware County to eat right. Frustrated...absolutely. Every year we can't close the deal, not with Reid and McNabb, not with anyone. It's like one really bad marriage being an Eagles fan. The night starts out sounding promising, and eventually, you both get a headache! I'm leaning towards going Cowgirl, not for the team, but for the cheerleaders, by far, Dallas Cheerleaders are outstandingly hot. How bout them Cowgirls!!! PS: For sale...one never worn McNabb jersey, one very confused head coach who ALWAYS runs Westbrook straight up the middle on 3rd and short, and about one dozen classless egg throwers. In return I'd like a competant coaching staff and a quarterback who can win the big one, not throw up with two minutes left in the superbowl. S.O.S. ...---...

Posted by: Rocky | October 6, 2008 8:37 PM | Report abuse

Don't feel too bad Washington. We Eagles fans throw things at our own team when they lose. We've thrown beer bottles and snowballs at the referees and boo'ed Santa Clause. You're not alone. Don't take it personal.

Posted by: vh602 | October 6, 2008 8:52 PM | Report abuse

They are the pitiful little losers... They get what they deserve..ANOTHER LOSS!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Cowboy | October 6, 2008 9:04 PM | Report abuse

And as far as the "toothless, uneducated, armpit" remarks... I'll paraphrase John Madden:

'Philly fans are the best fans in the NFL. They cheer them when they're good, and boo them when they're bad. And they do it on EVERY down! Because they get it! They know what the game is about!'

I feel sorry for all you sadsacks out there that just sit there and barely react to anything, as if you're watching a game of checkers and say "good game" when it's over. You wish you had our passion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning throwing anything at anyone, I certainly never have. But to try and put you into the mind of the Eagles fan, we're a city FULL of passionate, die-hard fans, extremely eager to experience another championship. And when they lose because of stupid mistakes, we feel someone has to pay. We're not trying to anger or hurt anyone, we're just venting our frustration.

Posted by: vh602 | October 6, 2008 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Born and raised in Philly. just across the bridge. Philly fans are passionate. We tailgate anything, I mean Circ d' Soleile was in town and ppl tailgate it. But to say we, as a city are ignorant, arrogant and classless? Last time I checked, we never had a mayor get convicted of being a crackhead and smoke rock off a hooker's ass??! C'mon. Sign onto ebay and see how much your season tickets can fetch per game! Sure as hell not getting $1500 a game!!! Why? Because we love our sports teams here! We show our support. And Since the Linc was built, alot of the "700 Level" antics went by the way side. We get on our guys and anyone else who supports the enemy on our home turf. Get a backbone. If you dont like it, stay outta the war!

Posted by: Sean From Jerzy | October 6, 2008 10:36 PM | Report abuse

Be glad the game was in October. If it were late December, the eggs probably would have been replaced by ice balls.

Posted by: John | October 6, 2008 11:44 PM | Report abuse

Hey Big Jim...the correct spelling...since you are so educated...is "you would be sore TOO"... you uneducated loser. You are a genius, tough Redskins fan. Please come to Philly and teach me how to spell, lol. You must be a politician...or from virginia!

Posted by: Rusty | October 6, 2008 11:47 PM | Report abuse

i like how cooley tells how paid professionals were gonna moon and did flip drunk fans back off... now that's class

hip hip hooray!

Posted by: Justin | October 7, 2008 2:08 AM | Report abuse

I appreciate Eagle fans passion...I respect that they drink, party, cheer, and give it to visiting fans.

However what makes them weak is punching visiting fans in the back of the head while they are urinating, shooting paintballs at visiting fans from 3 lots away in the parking lot, and JUMPING old men who have a hat on of another team.

That my friends is where you get the "classless" tag, and you deserve it.

Posted by: GiantsFansCreatedDefense | October 7, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Philly fans are one of the best stories in all sport--they're like a quality "heel" character in pro wrestling who can always be counted on to do something outrageous and classless.

I think they cultivate that rep.

Posted by: JAMEY | October 7, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Dear Eagles,

Enjoy your top 5 draft pick next year.

Regards,
The Redskins, Giants, & Cowboys

Posted by: SkinsFan | October 7, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Omg I can't stop laughing!! That's just too funny. Philthy fans are something else I tell ya.

Posted by: Tamika | October 7, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Just as Norton said, they should've egged the Eagles. Don't hate the Skins cause they're good, hate your own failure of a team cause they don't produce the wins.

Posted by: mike | October 7, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

We are uneducated? Last time I checked, what city has the highest illiteracy rate among children? OH THATS RIGHT... Washington, DC. Poor, living in destitute... you obviously are from Northern VA and don't know the struggles that real DC people go through every day.

All of this talk about Philly being uneducated shows that you all are retarded and neglect the fact that DC has one of the worst urban education systems (and highest poverty) of major U.S. cities.

Instead of worrying about eggs, why don't you worry about educating your young people and getting the city back on track.

And oh yea... grow a *ucking backbone... *ussies

Posted by: Bill | October 7, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Eagles games weren't always like this, to my recollection. The current ownership seems to think bad behavior is acceptable. As long as the seats are filled, who cares what type of fan we attract. Believe me, if they wanted to clean up the fans act, they would. If it was me, I'd have half that stadium empty until the word was out that going to an eagles game was truly an enjoyable experience.

Posted by: Brian | October 7, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

The Eagles have never won a superbowl. Nothing else even needs to be said.

Posted by: Tyler Durden | October 7, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Eggs? Is that the best you have? Where are the flares and the bottles of urine?

Posted by: Soccer Fans | October 7, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

"It felt like we were on the road for some reason," -Sheldon Brown

Looks like you eagles fans didn't even do a good job of booing your team yesterday. Best fans in the NFL, my ass.

Posted by: Reality | October 7, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

"The current ownership seems to think bad behavior is acceptable. As long as the seats are filled, who cares what type of fan we attract."

The same could be said for Lil' Danny Snyder as well. It's not like Philly's cornered the market on drunk a-holes that take things ENTIRELY too far concerning a sporting event they they're not playing in or getting paid to be a part of.

Posted by: Goat | October 7, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

I would hit that!

Posted by: Newman | October 7, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

The Capitals never won a Stanley Cup. Nothing else needs to be said.

Posted by: Wick | October 7, 2008 3:01 PM | Report abuse

To Nate in the PDX: You really are a moron. Where would we get real Eagle eggs?

To everybody else... There are a few classless jackasses in every crowd - in every town - even in Philly. But you can't judge us all by a handful of jackasses. Yes, relative to the enormity of the number of Philly fans, it’s only a handful. I’ve never slapped anyone in the head while they were taking a piss.

And, contrary to popular belief, the fans of opposing teams don’t have to fear for their lives. Not if they shut up and sit down. On the other hand, if they taunt and heckle us, they might want to arrange for security to walk them to their car after the game. Seems fair to me. If you were invited to someone’s house for dinner, would you sit there and tell your hosts that they and their family were bums and throw your dinner at ‘em? I’d hope not. Well, when you come into our house – behave accordingly and you won’t get hurt. It’s that simple.

We Philly fans love our teams. We are passionate about our teams. We care so much that when they don’t live up to our expectations (which can be quite high) we have no problem in letting them know how we feel. But… when they are doing well, we let them know about that too and it is an awe-inspiring thing! And guess what? The players on our teams love us back.

It is out of love that we throw eggs and snowballs. Reading that article actually made me proud. We fill our stadiums & arenas. We support our teams even when they stink. We are the greatest fans and we are a force to be reckoned with.

Posted by: Mimzy | October 7, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

oh boo hoo... dey done thrown egs at our teem. dey must bee a bonch of unegukated moorons and meen and skarey. I em gonna just set heer wift my krakhed mayer and whet my pants wile I kry about how meen thos phille fans ar. *snif snif*

Posted by: All Washington Fans | October 7, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

This article and nearly all of the comments would lead you to believe Philadelphia is somehow unique in its bad fan behavior. Raiders fans did this to the Broncos a few years ago. I had a cup of ice thrown at me in Shea Stadium and the Garden. The supposedly refined European soccer fans do far worse than this, they attack the other teams fans and people are maimed.

Jets fans cheered when Pennington got injured 2 years ago, but no one talks about that. Its only mentioned that the philly crowd was so horrible for cheering Michael Irvin getting injured. Would this even be news if a college crowd at Virginia egged the opposing teams bus?

So why are Eagles fans always singled out for this? Why are we always so horrible, yet when other fans act in a very similar fashion they are not ever subjected to this sort of treatment?

i'm not justifying what our fans have done, it was bad fan behavior. But don't act as though every other diehard football crowd hasn't done something similar once or twice in their histories.

Posted by: Philly Chuck | October 7, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

To "Kedric Golston":
Dexter Manley was once rich, too. Uneducated, arrogant, and a Washington NFL franchise player is no way to go through life, son.

Posted by: Naf Salad | October 7, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

This crap about other cities stadiums have had bad behavior, what's the big deal about Phila.'s is a bunch of bs. Phila.'s crimes and visciousness of it's football fans is well documented. An article in a Phila. newspaper chronicled how the writer took his young daughter to a game last year and the problems he had just getting a parking space because of the tailgaters. He described it as a pretty ugly scene. Last week a women was raped near the stadium by someone wearing what looked like parking lot traffic control clothing.I have a neighbor who said he was stabbed and urinated on, merely for wearing a Giants jersey, by an intoxicated fan.

Posted by: Mark | October 7, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

DC = LA for ugly people.

Think about it.

Posted by: Boom Tho | October 7, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Mark.... raped? stabbed? Getting a little carried away aren't you?

I'm gonna tell you why we have the reputation we have. It all goes back to the Vet and the 700 level. They were the cheap seats. That’s where the drinking, partying and rowdiness took place. And it did get rowdy up there. It got so bad, that a room in the Vet was converted into a ‘courtroom’ with a judge and when things got ugly, those responsible went before the judge to be arraigned. When the Vet was demolished, so was the 700 level. There is nothing comparable at the Link. With seat licensing and the ridiculous cost of tickets, the old 700 level loonies can’t afford going anymore. Now, it’s more professionals than middle or lower class. They’re the only ones who can afford it. So… although the rowdy days are over, the reputation will last forever. Just like the Flyers… Thirty years after being the Broad Street Bullies, we’re still paying for the reputation. Hear the Kohorski? It’s been 30 freaking years… give it a rest! What a pile of crap.

Posted by: Mimzy | October 7, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

A women was raped at the last game. My neighbor was stabbed and urinated on. Give what a rest? Your mentality is what it is, when it's also the management's attitude then I would suggest to those that are abused at the games to file lawsuits againt the team owners.

Posted by: Mark | October 7, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Redskins fans are just jealous of Philly fans. They wish they had their passion for their teams. When the Eagles come to D.C. they fill up half of your stadium. Pathetic. Philly fans love their team. They wear their passion on their sleeves and HATE fans like you (Redskins fans) who don't share the same passion for your team or care that much about the game of football (or any other sport).

PS. I've never seen anybody get raped, stabbed, pissed on, etc since I've been going to Eagles games. All you will get (if you keep your mouth shut and don't flaunt yourself when your team scores a TD) is a little verbal abuse. I've worn my Eagles jersey in other team's stadiums (Detroit, Dallas) and have also received verbal abuse so don't say that only happens in Philly either.

Posted by: Brennan | October 7, 2008 10:34 PM | Report abuse

It's true that the Eagles fans suffer from the reputation of the 700 level at the VET. but that was a LOT of people. And everytime i went up to that Dump to watch a game people tried to pick a fight with me for wearing a Redskins jersey. Classless thugs. A bunch of dock-working yahoos who are cheering on the Iggles when they aren't beating their wives.

and to the bozo who came back with, "Capitals haven't won a Stanley Cup"...that's just brilliant. of course, no one in DC cares. this is Redskins country.

1960!!!!!! you are the Cubs of the NFL.

Cry Eagles Cry...on the road to 2 and 3.

Posted by: Dream Out Loud | October 8, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

first of all, i am a true blue giant fan. that being said, i live in pa. i am surrounded by eagles fans. i have an eagles / giants party every year and find the eagles fans to be among the most knowledgable in the league. people are passionate about their team and rightfully so.hence the word fan, which is short for fanatic. my son goes to temple, which is in the heart of philly. i am frequently there and as i walk around the city,(usually dressed in some sort of giants attire) i get alot of remarks thrown my way. usually it is all good natured. the common bond in our division is that we have the 4 best teams in the NFC. we are so competetive, that usually the division is separated by only a couple of wins / losses. NY,Philly and the Redskins are all from the east, so let's try to fight nice and get together and hate the cowboys!

Posted by: redmangiantfan | October 8, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

@ Dream Out Loud - Thank you for making the statement that no one in DC cares about your other teams because the Redskins are all that matters. You have just validated Philly's argument that DC fans are not passionate about their teams - all of their teams - as Philly fans. And the Eagles are not the Cubs of the NFL. That title belongs to the Cardinals.

I made the Stanley Cup comment because gloating about the Eagles lack of a Superbowl is now a tired gesture. Just wanted to highlight that you live in a glass house too. Didn't the Flyers knock the Caps out of the playoffs last year?

Posted by: Wick | October 8, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Gotta love it....it was ok for Caps "fans" (I use that term loosely) to throw beer bottles at me during Game 1 of the playoffs. Biggest fraud hockey city out there. I live in DC (from Philly) and you couldn't get more than 12,000 at Verizon Center for the Caps unless they played the Pens, Flyers, Rangers or Sabres. I love how DC fans are such saints. Maybe Eagles fans should come to your houses and throw eggs at your windows before the Dec 21 game. Then you will see classless. Until that happens, shut up DC! Your Skins aren't winning this division or going 12-4. You frauds wanted Zorn fired 3 weeks ago, not he is Gibbs 2. Can't wait until your team falters again. You haven't been revelant since 1992.

Posted by: Bob | October 8, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Well said Bob... couldnt have phrased it better. leave the cry babies alone.

Posted by: Green | October 8, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Hey Dream Out Loud... I love your comment "I'm amused that people criticize the Redskins fans who have sold out every home game since 1966." Funny... there are an aweful lot of empty seats at your home games. Oh, I get it... Being passionate about your team means to buy tickets then don't bother to show up. nice.

Posted by: Amused | October 9, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

I never suggested that Washington was a great sports town outside of the Redskins. It really isn't. The caps, nats, and bullets/wizards only generate interest when they're good. If they aren't, no one really cares.

the Redskins are a different matter. Whether the Skins are Super Bowl champs or 3-13 (i've lived through both), the fans sell out every game and cheer them on. The entire morale of this city hinges on the success of the Redskins.

the 1960 "taunt" about the Iggles remains relevant until you guys actually win the title. I know it hurts and I know you really want to make it irrelevant, but it won't go away until you win. And that ain't gonna happen with Bounce-Pass McNabb.

but keep talking about non-NFL teams. that's all you can hang your hat on. I remember going to a game at the Vet where the Skins won and the Iggle fans walked out chanting, "Let's go Flyers."

so sad.

Posted by: Dream Out Loud | October 9, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, Amused, but you really couldn't be more ignorant.

the seats you see as "empty" are often the club level seats that are not counted in "sell outs" for NFL ticket purposes (cuz they require multi-season contracts). it's the same with every team.

and secondly, the big thing is that the Redskins recently almost doubled their stadium size (RFK had 55,000, FedEx is now about 92,000). and it is such a pain in the @ss to get to the game so there are a lot of late comers. I'm sure with the bigger stadium there are an increased number of no-shows but that's hardly shocking.

but honestly, i don't even know why we're wasting time discussing whether the Redskins have a great fan base. It's assumed. No one would honestly disagree with that. We've all seen it over the past several decades. they aren't front runners. they aren't cocktail party fans. they are die-hard. and for all of us who remember the great times and have lived through the bad times, we are gonna enjoy the run that they're on now.

i think you're right that we won't go 12-4. i don't see how we're gonna lose 4 games.

Posted by: Dream Out Loud | October 9, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Empty is empty. FEdex field seats 91704 but had an average home attendance in 2007 of only 88090 (about 96%) while Lincoln Financial field had over a 99% paid attendance averaging 68170 with 68532 seats. Your info only reinforces Amused's point. Sellout or not, the seats are empty. Perhaps you are saying that the empty clublevel seats should not be counted in 'sell-out' status because they are not sold. here in Philly, all ours are accounted for and they get filled

Posted by: Jim | October 9, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

ignorant? right. Which is worse... having unsold seats or having seats that are paid for and people would rather waste their money than go see the game?

Posted by: Amused | October 9, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

i can't believe you are suggesting that the Redskins fans are not true fans or that this is a fair-weather fan base or something. it's pretty amusing.

Posted by: Dream Out Loud | October 9, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse