Colt Brennan Loves In-N-Out Burger

Once, he was in. Now, he's out. (By Preston Keres - TWP)

Even though the Colt Brennan fan club has died down a bit in recent weeks, he's still here, and he's still entertaining. Like, he's the only player I've seen who regularly enters the media room, says "hey everyone!" and takes advantage of the 25-cent soda machine.

He's also the only player I know of who, when he found out a team employee was going to California, asked her to pass along his best to In-N-Out Burger.

"She came back and gave me a t-shirt," Brennan said, explaining why he was wearing an In-N-Out Burger t-shirt around the locker room. It perhaps couldn't compare to the Portis Pockets Straight t-shirt that Clinton Portis was actually wearing around the locker room at the same time this afternoon, but it was pretty good.

Anyhow, Brennan professed his undying love for In-N-Out, and then made a request.

"Put that out there for me," he asked. "I'm waiting for them to approach me to do a commercial. I'll do it for free."

I asked what was in it for me.

"I'll get you In-N-Out," he promised.

I told him I was a vegetarian.

"They've got veggie burgers," he said, which I'm not sure is quite accurate.

Anyhow, having brought Alex Ovechkin and Hair Cuttery together, I'm hopeful the magic might continue. In-N-Out PR executives? Your move.

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 29, 2008; 4:28 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Portis Works on His Karate Kick
Next: Morning Look: Gilbert Arenas on the Bench

Comments

mmmm....in-n-out. makes 5 guys look like roy rogers. sooo good....

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | October 29, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Colt Brennan fan club has died down? Not in my eyes! He's hot!

Posted by: kris77 | October 29, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

There aren't technically veggie burgers, if you mean some sort of meat-substitute burger. The "veggie burger" is on the In-N-Out secret menu which means you get everything but the meat and cheese. And yes, In-N-Out is one of the best things about moving from DC to California. That plus the fact that it is 80 degrees and sunny today...

Posted by: jwoodmansee | October 29, 2008 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jwoodmansee | October 29, 2008 5:04 PM

You're having a heat wave where you are. its 78 here and i thought stepping out the front door each morning to see the ocean was one of the best things about the move. although, i confess to getting an East Coast fix by visiting Philly's Best from time to time

Posted by: mdrockjock | October 29, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

"mmmm....in-n-out. makes 5 guys look like roy rogers. sooo good...."

Thanks for the compliment. Roy Rogers was and still is the finest fast food establishment in these here fifty states.

Posted by: amaseda | October 29, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

in n out is the most overrated burger joint in the country. they have the worst fries in the world. fatburger is so much better, and for us east coasters w/o a fatburger, wendy's is the bomb shizzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: parkerbros | October 29, 2008 6:19 PM | Report abuse

In-and-Out burger? Those are good burgers, Walter.

Seriously, I thought that was just a Donny thing until I had one in Riverside. Don't try comparing to Wendy's. Wendy's requires the fries and Frosty to shine. In-and-Out, the burger does the talking.

Posted by: WorstSeat | October 29, 2008 7:23 PM | Report abuse

Colt Brennan is still HOT ad we are all waiting to hear MORE about him!

Posted by: lizkauai | October 29, 2008 7:54 PM | Report abuse

I've never had an In-N-Out, but I'm not generally a fan of the concept of using french dressing (or whatever a chain calls their combo of mayo and ketchup) on a burger. I'll take some meat, cheese, and maybe some veggies or mustard, but no gross ketchup or mustard. Though I still would like to try In-N-Out, obviously.

Posted by: pipkin42 | October 29, 2008 10:32 PM | Report abuse

If any one thinks Wendy's is even worth calling a burger they're retarded. Sorry dude.

Posted by: DadRyan | October 30, 2008 12:24 AM | Report abuse

Sorry Five Guys beats In&Out. We need a In and Out, Sonic and Cook Out franchises in NOVA. Hey Colt get a few players and form and investment group and bring all these franchises to NOVA. JC and CP have the bucks and you have the coolness to make it work.

Posted by: omarthetentmaker | October 30, 2008 8:00 AM | Report abuse

From one Brennan to another, In-n-Out is the best burger, times like these I miss California!

Posted by: beltwayrob | October 30, 2008 9:04 AM | Report abuse

In-and-Out, fatburger, whataburger, and Five Guys
If only we could use these 4 together to replace McDonalds, Burger King and Wendys.

Colt should work at finding an I&O.

I understand why he is using the 25 cent machine, after all a rookie QB picked in the 6th round does not get the big contract.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 30, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

It was heart breaking to go to San Diego this past summer and not have an In-N-Out anywhere we could get to. It was going to be the highlight of the trip.

Posted by: FlyersSuck | October 30, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

wendy's rulezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. always fresh, always big and juicy. in-n-out blows besides their special sauce. end of story

Posted by: parkerbros | October 30, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Redskins = America's Team

Posted by: StetSportsBlog | October 30, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdrockjock | October 29, 2008 5:11 PM

Phillies Best is the bomb..You must be in the OC, since there are 3 within 10 miles from me.

Posted by: Tyler84101 | October 30, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse