FireJimZorn.com = Epic Fail

As stated clearly in the header of FireJimZorn.com, Jim Zorn is destined to fail as the Redskins' new head coach:

Jim Zorn has been put in a position to fail. He will ultimately fail, so why not just fire him now, and search for his permanent replacement to lead the Redskins to a Super Bowl Championship.

Right. Lots of animosity and negativity pointed at the totally zen, totally medium, totally 4-1 coach of the Redskins in the header of FireJimZorn.com.

But scroll down, and "Brett B," the site's proprietor, is as Horny for Zorny as the rest of Washington. The latest post, entitled "Redskins Dominate Eagles, 23-17," begins like this:

The Redskins and Jim Zorn have completed the first quarter (and then some) of the 2008 NFL season in splendid fashion. The Redskins crushed the Eagles on Sunday to move to 4-1 and second-place in the NFC East. Two straight road wins versus division opponents is mighty impressive, as you most certainly realize.

"Brett B" goes on to call Zorn's play-calling "masterful" and praises his flexibility, until finally, he concedes:

Look, Jim Zorn does not deserve to be, nor should he be fired. He is doing a great job leading this team. He is doing a much better job, more quickly than I ever thought he would be capable of this season. I think there were many Redskins fans who had my concerns during the off-season and pre-season. Those concerns have been completely destroyed during these first five weeks of the season.
I will take down the site if the Redskins make the playoffs this season. While Jim is doing a great job, I want to make sure I believe he is capable at some point (not necessarily this season) of leading the Redskins to a Super Bowl Championship during his Redskins coaching career. I won't get a complete feel for this until late in the season, when I can see how this team reacts to late-season pressure and playoff pressure. ...
Jim is doing a great job, and I had called for his ouster before he ever had coached a game in the NFL.

And they all lived happy ever after.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  October 9, 2008; 3:17 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sage Rosenfels: Unleash the Fury
Next: Portis Says Skins Were Too Loose

Comments

Bonita is taking over the bog today.

I still will go halfsies with you on "weplayphysicalwewin.com"...

Posted by: DCU_Rick | October 9, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

His initial reaction was one of a fairly typical rabid sports fan, regardless of team (or even which sport). Good for him saying Zorn deserves a chance, which he does. As I said yesterday, the Danny may've finally hit one out of the park with Zorn's hiring.

Posted by: Naf Salad | October 9, 2008 4:23 PM | Report abuse

What about getdallasgetphillygoredskins.com?

Posted by: StetSports.com | October 9, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Dan, are you a 4channer.....using internet meme's like candy ;)

www.capitalskremlin.blogspot.com

Posted by: Capitals Kremlin | October 9, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Your posts = epic fail. We want Dan.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 9, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

What a f'n loser the owner of that site is. It's ignorant fans like him that give the rest of us in Redskin Nation a bad name.

Posted by: Gfunk | October 9, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Hello Redskins Nation.

We are very excited to have the team come home after winning two NFC East road games against the Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles. HAIL!

This week we have the St. Louis Rams, and this will not be an easy game, especially if we want to maintain our growth and standing the NFC East, the NFC conference, and the league.

We are the only team in the NFL with a battle cry (Hail to the Redskins!). And now we are the only team in the NFL with a post-game celebrate chant thanks to our new Head Coach Jim Zorn (Hip-Hip Hooray!).

After beating the Dallas Cowboys, the supposedly best team in the NFL, Jim Zorn in the locker led the team in a celebration chat of Hip-Hip Hooray. It would be exciting to have the entire stadium, and the Redskins Nation, join the team in the celebration chant before they head to the locker room.

My brother and I are organizing the first Hip-Hip Hooray celebration chant this Sunday after our team beats the St. Louis Rams at the stadium. If it is clear at the 2:00 minute warning of the 4th quarter that the Washington Redskins will win the game we ask that all Redskins fans in the stadium (we will be at the game in Section 424---Row 12---Seats 7, 8 & 9) to join us in a celebration chant of Hip-Hip Hooray!

If it is not clear by the 2:00 minute warning of the 4th quarter that we will win the game then we will start the chant 30 seconds later at 1:30 minute mark. If not then, then 30 second later at the 1:00 minute mark. If not then, then 30 seconds later at the 30 second mark.

You get the pattern. At some point at the 2:00 minute warning of the 4th quarter or after we want to do the chant if it is clear we will win the game. We do not want to do the chant before the 2:00 minute warning of the 4th quarter!

To make it easy for everyone to participate for the first time we asking that the entire stadium join together in the Hip-Hip Hooray chant in unison. And yes brings to celebrate.

If we are successful in getting fans to join in after the game this week, then we will organize the second chant with sections of the stadium doing the call (Hip-Hip) and the other sections doing the response (Hooray!).

We hope this celebration chant will become a tradition for Redskins fans attending the game after each victory.

Please join us this Sunday for a big Hip-Hip Hooray, after we win the game.

Thanks,

Derek Silver and Marvin Silver
Washington Redskins Fans 4 Life

PS, Check us out on Facebook at Hip-Hip Hooray (Washington Redskin's Coach Jim Zorn's Celebration Cry) and help Spread the Word. silver_marvinm@msn.com

Posted by: MS | October 9, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

How about this one...

letsnotgetourhopestoofarupasitsonlybeenfivegames.com

Lindsay..Nice job!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 9, 2008 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Has the guy who started "fire dan steinberg dot com" come to a similar conclusion after your stellar Beijing work?

Posted by: odessasteps | October 9, 2008 5:01 PM | Report abuse

What an effing loser...people should never doubt me or my homie Vin-dog

Posted by: Daniel M. Snyder | October 9, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

It's clear that we need the jerk who is squatting on firedansnyder.com to make some use of the domain.

Posted by: TruthAboutIt.net | October 9, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

I read more about this site. It seems to be more directed at Dan Snyder than Jim Zorn. That if Zorn doesn't deliver and somehow convince Snyder to get out of the front-office making roster decisions, no coach, Zorn or otherwise, would be able to succeed.

Posted by: not a skins fan but... | October 9, 2008 6:43 PM | Report abuse

best search engine google

Posted by: SteenueSteevy | October 10, 2008 6:29 AM | Report abuse

Bonita Bonita Bonita........

Satisfaction I got the right tactics
and if you need em'........

Posted by: Keino | October 10, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

I definitely thought the FireJimZorn.com site was more a broadside against the wacky coach-hiring strategies of The Danny than against the man himself. Glad to see the proprietor is as happy as the rest of us with the results.

Posted by: Lindemann | October 10, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Hey anonymous. Sorry but Bonita's posts are hilarious and awesome. So dude... hush it up.

Just one question: Are you as miserable in your daily life as you are on the comments or are you just really jealous of Lindsay?

Posted by: Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) | October 10, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Also, if anyone wants to make a contribution to my congressional campaign, please email me at firstroundqb5@northcarolina.us.gov

btw, if I lose I'm coming back to the NFL. If Gus can still play, then so can I, dammit!

Posted by: Rep Heath Shuler (D-NC) | October 10, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Shuler,

You're just getting sad, dude. Shut it down.

Posted by: Cart | October 10, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

You wont be saying that next season after I become the first player in NFL history to throw for 30 touchdown passes AFTER serving in congress, Cart.

You'd just better hope Snyder has the brains to sign me.

Posted by: Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) | October 10, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

And how is startcoltbrennan.com faring?

Posted by: Bill Fitzgerald | October 10, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

There is some interesting correlation between the Skins and the crashing ecomony.

Posted by: Brian | October 10, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

I suck...

Posted by: Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) | October 10, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Serving in Iraq at the moment, I am excited to have something to cheer/chant about (Hip-Hip-HooRAY)

I just hope that the Skins we have grown to love will continue to remain focused and determined as they have been since the 2nd half of the Giants game. As we say here in Iraq "Complacency Kills" and the Rams are capable of killing a lot of these postive feelings that many fans have about the current situation

*****GO SKINS******

Posted by: Skins Army | October 11, 2008 4:28 AM | Report abuse

How creative. Posting under someone else's name and saying "I suck." Keep that up and I'll bet Steinberg picks YOU to be his next guess bogger.

If only I had that kind of wit...

Posted by: Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) | October 11, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse