Hope You Don't Care About the Redskins' Opening Drive This Sunday...

...because you might not see it.

WUSA-9 reports:

This is to inform you of a scheduling conflict WUSA-9 is currently having with the NFL.
On Sunday, October19th, WUSA-9 will air the Ravens and Dolphins game at 1:00PM, followed by the Redskins and Browns at 4:15pm.
At this time, the NFL is blocking WUSA from showing the beginning of the Redskins game until the Ravens and Dolphins are completely finished or the outcome appears certain.
Under those conditions, if the Ravens game goes past 4:15pm, you will miss the kickoff of the Redskins game.
We will continue to argue our case with the NFL and update you on any new developments. In the meantime, voice your opinions in the comments below and we'll forward them to the powers that be.

If you're a Redskins fan and your immediate reaction to this news is:

a) "The Dolphins will blow the Ravens out of the water. End of story. But we'll get to see Lewis do that stupid dance for 3 hours. ''YAAYY! I got away with murder!'' Some ''hero'' ya got there, Bal'mere."

b) "People here do not care about the Rats With Wings (Ravens. As far as we are concerned, you can move them in the middle of the night to a city more deserving of a football team like maybe, San Antonio, Texas"

c) "I would rather watch paint dry then watch the Ravens get beat up on by another subpar team that isnt going anywhere this year."

or d) "My entire family are skins fans and do not want to see the Ravens winning or losing evvvvaaaaa!!!! GO SKINS"

...then you've already been spoken for in the comments.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  October 17, 2008; 4:01 PM ET
Categories:  NFL , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ted Won't Take the Abuse
Next: Gary Williams Ready for the End of the World

Comments

1. It's Bawlmer. Get it right or pay the price.

2. I'd watch the reckless talk from Skins fans about the Ravens, considering that the Skins just proved sub-par competition is what they do worst at home, and the Ravens-Skins game is just weeks away.

Posted by: StetSports.com | October 17, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Wow,
Not that I'm a Raven's fan or even mild supporter of Ray Lewis, but it's hard to believe anyone working for the Post would post comments like this publicly... ever heard of the term slander?

Posted by: JJ | October 17, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Lindsay - you're boss (or patron or senior co-worker or whatever Dan is to you) graduated from the University of Delaware. Figure it out...

Posted by: Rob Iola | October 17, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

dude, the comments are cut and pasted from the comments on the website.

Posted by: suzannepdc | October 17, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Rats with wings.

Posted by: Silvio | October 17, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

I'm confused. One owner is a rat with sunglasses and one team is rats with wings?

Posted by: Vinny | October 17, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

That is crazy....how are they going to show those two sorry teams...they are both not going to be playing in the post season...this is just rediculous

Posted by: Weezy | October 17, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse

comments taken from website...
Well, I've heard and read many things that are idiotic, but I wouldn't go cutting and pasting those words to further propagate that message, particualrly not in my professional setting. My point was, it's not surprising that fans would write comments like that, but that a Post employee would further them along. It just strikes me as being stupid on the empolyee's part.

Posted by: JJ | October 17, 2008 5:29 PM | Report abuse

It's not slander if it's written; it's libel. It's not libel if it's true.

Posted by: DRT in GTMa bf AVa | October 17, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Just a good old copy-paste, but I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Posted by: Lindsay Applebaum | October 17, 2008 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Well the Dolphins will blow the Ravens out of...wait

Well people here just don't care about the Ra-...

I'd rather watch paint dr-...umm

my entire family are 'Skins fans and....damn!

I got nothin'.

Posted by: Ben | October 17, 2008 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Boo Hoo, this is what you get for canceling DC United broadcasts to show Redskins preseason...
I'm a Skins fan, luckily the beauty of pointy tight pants throwball is that you can miss most of the game, catch the last ten minutes of the 4th quarter and it's all good.

Posted by: dadryan | October 17, 2008 6:17 PM | Report abuse

The United's attedance is in the toilet, more people showed up last summer to see the Skins practice, why would anyone in their right mind broadcast their games instead of the Redskins.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 17, 2008 6:26 PM | Report abuse

"I'd watch the reckless talk from Skins fans about the Ravens, considering that...the Ravens-Skins game is just weeks away."

HA! Nice to have a ninth home game this year, the Skins will pick up an easy win as long as Lewis doesn't stab anyone.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 17, 2008 6:34 PM | Report abuse

Well as a Ravens fan who couldn't care less about the Redskins, that is more than fine with me...

Posted by: Marie K. | October 17, 2008 8:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | October 17, 2008 6:26 PM
The PB is that you?
Comcast backed out of it's contractual obligation to DC United to broadcast Redskins preseason games that were also on channel 9 simultaneously locally. Granted that's awesome for a Skins fan down in Raleigh, but very redundant for a local DCU fan who may or may not be able to afford a night out at RFK on such little notice.
Foot ball is plenty big mr. anonymous, but you're best to realize that there are other tastes in this world than just your own. Especially when the Football that you actually love so much is actually pointy throwball, tight pants, spank you on the butt, and run game.
The United? You are a DORK!

Posted by: dadryan | October 17, 2008 11:36 PM | Report abuse

Ok, i can understand putting the ravens game on for the whole 60 minutes ( I live in b more) . but why would they take the skins out of their own market. I know I have seen games in b more ( last years giants/ packers game) that have got cut short to see a ravens game.

Posted by: ? | October 17, 2008 11:38 PM | Report abuse

Wow JJ, I guess you are so much smarter than anybody else that you don't know what "slander" is and dadryan, you are not a Redskin fan by any stretch of the imagination.
Pointy throwball with tight pants? Sounds a little feminine to me. To each his or her own I guess.

Posted by: Kingfish51 | October 18, 2008 12:28 AM | Report abuse

The United play a game where if two players touch, it's a foul or even a yellow card. Great for high school girls and 40 year old guys who don't want to limp into work on Monday. The Redskins play a man's game.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 18, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse

Any updates from CBS on the issue for the game tomorrow? We need a long term solution that relieves us of having the Ravens shoved down our throats. Every Sunday we should get the Skins and the best two games being played that afternoon. No one in DC or Virginia cares about Baltimore.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 18, 2008 8:34 AM | Report abuse

Kingfish the old school courier?
Sounds feminine to you? YOu don't notice their tight pants and rolling around on the ground together?
I'm plenty a Skins fan, I'm just talking smack, and pointing out that missing part of a Football game is not the biggest deal. Soccer fans don't have the luxury of TV timeout, regular timeout, etc. It may be a mans game but the players get an awful lot of rest over the course of the game.
I don't see very much man on man butt spanking in Soccer but they do it constantly in the NFL. REAL MANLY guys....

Posted by: dadryan | October 18, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Baltimore is a crime ridden p.o.s city

Posted by: towel | October 18, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I like NFL..My best friends linda told me she met a handsome guy at a club called [___"tallhub.com"___] where many sexy singles how like sports there.I'm a white girl, can I meet my handsome guy there? Single guys, will you find your girl there?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 18, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

(just passing through testing)

Posted by: misschatter | October 19, 2008 12:03 AM | Report abuse

Just like laura bush did. Yaayy, what a first lady she turned out to be.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 19, 2008 2:35 AM | Report abuse

Just like laura bush did. Yaayy, what a first lady she turned out to be.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 19, 2008 2:35 AM | Report abuse

In general CBS coverage is TERRIBLE. The announcers yesterday? Who were they?

Also they have used the same "jingle" for about 15 years. It is so annoying and the fact that they play it 300 times during a broadcast doesn't help the situation. Why was our game on the AFC channel anyways?

Posted by: pjp5 | October 20, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse