Introducing the Applebeen Award

Please excuse this completely inexcusable bit of self-indulgence:

Back when I was Lindsay Applebaum, aspiring investigative journalist, I wanted to be immortalized by my work, and maybe a Pulitzer for my groundbreaking writing or something like that.

But now that I've been reduced to Bonita Appleblog, sports producer and occasional Bogger, I'm perfectly content to say that my legacy will be the pseudo-namesake Applebeen Golden Apple Award, given out to the "Redskin MVP of da day" by YouTube sensation(?) Silvio "Black Cougar" DiSalvatore.

Yes, thanks to DiSalvatore, the Redskins fan and former "American Inventor" contestant who I blogged about earlier this week, I can stop trying. This simply can't be topped.

In the latest video from Cooleytime Castle, DiSalvatore introduces my namesake award and brings us his "crystal balls" prediction for Sunday's game against the Eagles. He also dances around a giant middle finger, nurses "Baby Westbrook" and dons a Snow White dress.

I can't even go on. It's all just too much. Enjoy:

[Edit: NSFW.]

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  October 3, 2008; 2:18 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins , Weirdness
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Matt Bradley: 1-Day Captain and Shootout Specialist
Next: Afternoon Look: Caps Ride Rollercoasters

Comments

Wait, I'm a little confused, does this mean Black Cougar gets the inaugural Golden Apple?

Does "MVP of da day" mean you're going to give out a Golden Apple every day? Or one per game? Just don't overpromise, Bonita. I've been burned before.

(Maybe there are answers in the video? I'm a little disturbed by that still photo and won't be playing this at work anyway.)

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | October 3, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

I don't understand this post, its as if Sarah Palin wrote it.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 3, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Sorry. I was so overwhelmed, I guess I didn't clarify very well. Not unlike Sarah Palin.

Posted by: Lindsay Applebaum | October 3, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

As a member of congress and a former first round pick, I think Bonita Applebog is a Maverick at the Washington Post.

Now what does NSFW mean?

Oh crap, I just got fired....

Posted by: Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) | October 3, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I don't even know what to say. Snow White dress? Off-camera looks? Flapping noises? Kids dancing? Baaaah-ing? Hail to the Redskins (remix)? Applebeen award? All kinds of awesomeness.

Posted by: DCU_Rick | October 3, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did, Rick. Nate, you should watch when you get home. As I told Steinberg, it's what I'd imagine an acid trip would be like.

Posted by: Lindsay Applebaum | October 3, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Ahhhhh!! It's Crowd Noise -- back from the dead!! Ahhhh!

Juuuuuuust kidding Lindsay, you didn't think I was going to COMPLETELY leave you alone, now did you? ;-)

Posted by: Cart | October 3, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Great to have you back, Cart. After this wonderful day, I needed someone to take me back down a notch anyway.

Posted by: Lindsay Applebaum | October 3, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

The "Philadelphia Freedom" montage is f'n priceless.

Posted by: Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) | October 3, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Lindsay, great article. You crack me up.
I must say out of all the emails I've been getting, Heath is the only one who spoke on Elton's song.
I'm also happy you enjoy my video's. Cause as we say in the Bronx.
You ain't seen nothing yet. You stay tuned.
Thanks again L.A
SILVIO

Posted by: SILVIO | October 3, 2008 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Pretty entertaining, but I wouldn't wish *that* Acid Trip on anyone.

Posted by: dadryan | October 3, 2008 11:09 PM | Report abuse

KEEP THEM COMMING! CLEVER, WITTY, ORIGINAL, ENTERTAINING AND JUST PLAIN HYSTERICALLY CRAZY!!!!! U CANT MAKE THAT S*** UP! LOL- WHY DOESNT HE HAVE HIS OWN SHOW, RADIO STATION OR HEY APPLEBEEN, WHY NOT AN ARTICL NEXT TO YOURS??? J/K. WELL MAYBE NOT NEXT TO YOURS. BUT IN "DA BRONX" NOW AINT DAT AN IDEA?

Posted by: bob | October 6, 2008 1:17 AM | Report abuse

arizona music camp [link=http://bettercellservice.com/esupport/files/cache/comment-822.html]arizona music camp[/link]

Posted by: classic mustang | October 7, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse