Joe the Analyst Has Some Choice Words for Dallas

Forget about Joe the Plumber. Today, let's talk about Joe [Theismann] the Analyst, the former Redskin and current talking head whose unapologetic commentary yesterday about the Cowboys makes me wonder why in Gibbs's name this man doesn't have his own blog.

On Sid Rosenberg's show at OPENSports.com, Theismann denounced Jerry Jones, Terrell Owens, Adam "Pacman" Jones, Roy Williams and Tony Romo in the same breath. Didn't know he had it in him.

Some highlights:

* Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones: "has become disillusioned by his own propaganda."

* "Tony Romo - and I said this a few weeks ago to somebody -- Tony's not as good as everybody thinks he is. He's surrounded by some really good talent."

* The Cowboys are "kiddin' themselves."

* "T.O.'s crying. Who gives a damn?"

* Pacman Jones is a "stupid person, and you can't have sympathy for stupid people."

Theismann also calls the NFL a "fantasy world" and compares the Chargers' and Colts' seasons to the Wall Street bailout. And it kind of makes sense. Seriously.

Click here for the video.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  October 17, 2008; 12:46 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: No, Not Possible! The Steve Buckhantz Tribute
Next: Colt Brennan Has the Voice of an Angel

Comments

That's my MAN. I love Joe. He never holds back. Screw Dallas. Anyone who badmouths the cowgirls publicly is a winner in my book.

But Bonita, you refered to him as "Pacman". Remember only Cell mates... er - um... team mates are allowed to do that.

Posted by: Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) | October 17, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Hats off to # 7 .

Posted by: Silvio | October 17, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

I couldn't stand Joey Sunshine until I watched that video

Posted by: G20 FdaCowboys | October 17, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Still remember the hit that ended Joe's career, heck its on the Simpsons as a highlight ... LOL btw.. Guess MNF wasnt good enough for Joe either? They canned his candy A , make the HOF then talk about others JOE!

Posted by: Bill | October 17, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Homer Joe is an ex-foreskins so who really gives a s**t. Joe could not cut it on MNF and is jealous of Romo's 50 touchdowns in last 22 games old Joe Blow never did that in his best years. Lucky i did not play when he played or I would of broke both of his legs instead of one. Lawrence Taylor did a half-a** job I wouldve done both legs.

Posted by: Adam Jones | October 17, 2008 9:21 PM | Report abuse

An idiot trying to make himself relevant. Tell us, Joe, why has NO ONE hired you to be on TV again?

Posted by: D. Johnson | October 18, 2008 12:18 AM | Report abuse