Larry Michael's Latest Target: Ivan Carter?

Now, maybe you're like me, and you're thinking the Larry Michael vs. Jason La Canfora feud is played out. I mean, once you've accused the hardworking beat guy of being a potential spy for the Dallas Cowboys, there's not many more places you can go, other than accusing him of being a foreign agent charged with bringing down the government, I suppose.

But wait! I guess you could decide to take on the newspaper's other beat writers, who don't even cover the Redskins! The enemies are everywhere!

Like, maybe the Wizards beat writer? Yeah, that's right, Ivan Carter is next in The Anti-Sourcerer's crosshairs, because he apparently once recently made a joke about Michael during Washington Post Live.

And so, we were presented with this during Redskins Nation on Monday:

"Last week, because of time constraints, I didn't get a chance to address one of The Sourcerer's co-workers, who in fact has called me out on a program right here on Comcast SportsNet. A man I've never met, a man I've never heard of. But in fact, he called me out on behalf of The Sourcerer. Source Meter today's on Orange, we'll keep on eye on it for you folks, but a disturbing situation unfolding for sure."

Odds on future Larry Michael targets:

Jason Reid, 3-2: Last name can be rearranged to spell "Die R," which could stand for "Die Redskins."

Tarik El-Bashir, 5-1: Former Caps beat writers have demonstrated a history of suspicious free-thinking behavior. Needs to be watched.

Barry Svrluga, 9-1: Too many consonants in last name. Likely Communist.

Michael Lee, 16-1: Works with the guy whose name The Anti-Sourcer has never heard of who has defended The Sourcerer. Only a few degrees of separation there.

Chico Harlan, 24-1: No one cares about the Nats. So he's probably pretending to cover that team while actually building up string on Johnny Rockets and Six Flags.

Matt Terl, 40-1: What, like you've never heard of undercover infiltration?

Mike Wise, 80-1: All those feel-good columns might be a ruse. Especially the one defending this year's draft class.

Dan Steinberg, 100-1: Writes more words about Larry Michael than anyone in the universe. Clearly obsessed.

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 15, 2008; 11:10 AM ET
Categories:  Media , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Another Boudreau Mercedes Ad
Next: Kornheiser Defends the Bandwagon

Comments

Hopefully, someday Michaels will spend his whole show, and part of Redskins broadcasts, taking shots at the millions of people who criticize him. I would definitely tune in for that.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 15, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

I've heard that one of the side-effects of excessive Mystic Tanning is paranoia.

Posted by: Stalk Much? | October 15, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Why stop with sports writers?

110 - 1 - Carolyn Hax - Style Columnist is just another term for uniform hater.

150 - 1 - Jon Meacham and Sally Quinn (On Faith Blog) - any blog that discusses worship of anything non-Redskins/Danny related must be up to something horribly sinister.

I'm with Larry, I'm watching you WAPO bloggers...

Posted by: Mustachio | October 15, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Larry Michael's is to the Redskins, what Bill Christal is to the Neo-Conservitave movement

Posted by: Alex35332 | October 15, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Dan,
How can I make Larry the wanna be mobsters hate list?

Posted by: Alex35332 | October 15, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Alex, its spelled Bill Kristol.

And Larry Michael is not a spokesman for the skins. So thats a bad analogy

Posted by: JDP | October 15, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Bill Kristol (thanks for correcting me on that) is not an official spokesman either.

Posted by: Alex35332 | October 15, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe we didn't make this list.

Posted by: The Brothers Mottram | October 15, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Larry Michael is an extension of the Skins. He's an employee, like Vinny Cerato. He will never be seriously critical of the team, which is why he can't be taken serious.
It will always be that way.

He needs to stop taking shots at people because they are putting out information that might criticize the Skins. He should just accept his role, a true 100% homer who will never see wrong in the Skins.

He's a joke.

Posted by: joeblazin | October 15, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Alex, either way, they play completely different roles

Posted by: JDP | October 15, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

I agree. Larry Michael is a joke. His stupid source meter is ridiculous and he needs to get rid of it. I like watching Redskins Nation, but Larry SHUT UP ALREADY!

Posted by: JJP | October 15, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

There would be no need for the source meter if some of the "bamas" reporting/blogging name their sources.. anyone can write and say "sources close to the situation" or "an executive from other teams" to try add some creditability..

Larry take on Sally Jenkins... Oh I forgot, she only writes when skins do bad, surprised she didn't write after the Rams game..

Posted by: Jo (DC) | October 15, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Larry Michaels need to shut up. No one cares who he does not like.

He just needs to continue doing his job aka kissing Cerrato and company's a$$es.

Posted by: not aLarryMichael fan | October 15, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Can someone please explain to me why Frank Herzog was really fired from the Redskins Radio broadcasts? Can we get him back? This mess is too much. Focus on the team.

Posted by: Elwood | October 15, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

When I watch Redskins Nation, I actually turn down the volume all the way and turn up the volume for WAPO Live!

Posted by: CJ | October 15, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

I really think these comments are one-sided. I like Larry Micheal and I can appreciate him calling it as he sees it. When the skins are losing, I never read the post, because there's always enough to write about when you're picking something apart. In fact, the Post articles are devoid of interest when the Skins are winning and JLC simply posts facts.

Posted by: Ron | October 15, 2008 4:23 PM | Report abuse

C'mon, no one really uses two TV's so you don't have to hear Redskins Nation. I hope WAPO writers aren't the only one's commenting on this article...

Posted by: Ron | October 15, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Note to JDP. Yes Alex35332 misspelled Bill Kristol's name to such an extent that I had no idea what he was talking about until you corrected him. And, yes, Alex35332 made a ridiculous analogy that makes no sense, so much so that I don't know if the poor guy was trying to be funny or not. Isn't it obvious to you that Alex35332 is, in reality, Larry Michael, infiltrating the Bog message boards to find more people for his enemies list. Think about it, JDP. Stupid mistakes, awful humor, non-sensical similes. It's gotta be him.

Posted by: UMD's Burning Couch | October 15, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Good news from godaddy.com :

" FIRELARRYMICHAEL.COM is available! "

Posted by: Rob | October 16, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse