Man Paints House Burgundy, Gold

Why, you ask, did this man from North Carolina paint his house burgundy and gold?

"Well," he explained, "it was my turn to pick the colors, and all my clothes are burgundy and gold, so...."

Were that the universal rule of house-painting, Craig Sager's house would be truly amazing. And if this man's wife has any self-worth at all, she will insist on choosing electric pink and ripe apricot when it's her turn to pick the colors.

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 23, 2008; 3:28 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jason Taylor's Bloody Sock
Next: Louis Crayton Sings T.I.

Comments

Anybody ever seen the movie Gummo?

Posted by: card1 | October 23, 2008 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Did he say he was Jeff Hostetler's brother? Seems you woulda gone for the Giants, but heck, who can forget Jeff tying that one for the Skins on Sunday night after Gus' head-banging? Forget the Super Bowl, that's Hostetler's highlight.

Posted by: WorstSeat | October 23, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

When I was a kid, I used to deliver the newspaper to a neighborhood comprised of these bizarre condo/garage combos. One of them was owned by a crazy old man who smelled terrible and had more 'Skins memorabilia in his garage than you could find in Fedex Field. The walls were burgundy with white accents, and there were many framed posters and photos of the team's great players. The bar had stools with burgundy legs and gold tops. The garage floor had been carpeted in burgundy shag. He had to park down the street because he'd sacrificed his garage space to make a shrine to the team.

The funny things are that a) that is not why I regard him as a crazy old man and b) that he had a tiny, tiny TV set up in there for watching games. One of those TV/VCR combos, 10" screen tops.

Posted by: ChestRockwell | October 24, 2008 12:38 AM | Report abuse

This guy is a permanent fixture at the Food Lion in Avon, NC! Spent a week there this summer, and I actually talked to him about the Skins for a minute. It kinda seemed like he worked there, he was always lurking near the customer service counter or just outside the doors chain smoking... Anyone else recognize this dude form there? I know I'm not crazy!

Posted by: DadRyan | October 24, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Clearly this dude did not get the memo that our players have no interest in being the burgundy and gold. He should have painted his house White on White...cause apparently that is what looks cool.

Posted by: JLR75 | October 24, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse