Redskins Fans Love Quarterbacks

It's certainly not breaking news that Redskins fans like to wear outdated jerseys. See here. And here.

But the overwhelming glut of non-current Redskins jerseys at games revolve around the quarterback position. It took me maybe 20 minutes to find 10 different quarterbacks represented on Saturday, and previously this season I've definitely seen Doug Williams and Mark Brunell and Gus Frerotte and obviously Todd Collins and Colt Brennan and Jim Zorn. This is the hidden benefit of all those years of stories about Washington's revolving door under center. Variety is the spice of pre-game parking lots.

Still looking for: Tim Hasselbeck, Rodney Peete, Shane Matthews, Danny Wuerffel, Tony Banks, John Friesz, Trent Green, Kent Graham.

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 22, 2008; 12:14 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Best Skins Fan Ever
Next: Gilbert's New Adidas Movie

Comments

What? No Tony Banks? You some kind of racist Steinz?

Posted by: JDP | October 22, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Forget the old quarterbacks jerseys...is that an ERIC FRIGGIN' METCALF jersey in the background of the top left pic? Could a jersey possibly get more obscure? Can we get some confirmation from the Eric Metcalf jersey owners out there?

Posted by: Ben | October 22, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

what about stan humphries?

Posted by: bms | October 22, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Cary Conklin?

Posted by: inchesfromyourface | October 22, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Save the Babe!

I demand Babe Laufenberg jerseys. Either #12 or #16 will do.

Posted by: WFY | October 22, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

The guy wearing the Shuler jersey should have his Redskins fandom revoked. Unless it actually IS Shuler...

Posted by: Stop Shuler | October 22, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Surely Jurgensen, Williams, Kilmer and them go in the "retro throwback" category, not the "look, I made an expensive mistake" category.

Posted by: shekb | October 22, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Re: Eric Metcalf jerseys - I saw a couple people sporting the former O'Connell star's Browns jersey on Sunday.

Posted by: Kev | October 22, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stop Shuler | October 22, 2008 1:18 PM

I see one every few games or so out at FedEx. Seriously, what are people thinking when they leave the house? "Man, it's a shame my Michael Westbrook jersey is in the wash. Good thing I have Heath Shuler as a back-up!"

Posted by: Kev | October 22, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

I proudly sport a white Patrick Ramsey jersey on Sundays.

PROUDLY.

Posted by: Chris in SS | October 22, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

My two Redskins jerseys are Shuler and Ramsey. One I bought on ebay, the other I bought after he was traded. I saved boatloads of money on both.

A jersey is a jersey. Tell me again why I should shell out the big bucks on something I only wear a few Sundays a year?

Posted by: Aaron | October 22, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

I gave my buddy my old Trent Green jersey to wear to the last game. I wore my generic '11' Jersey, which fits both Ramsey and Rypien (though I have a Rypien jersey too). I'll have to take a pic next time. If only I knew...

Posted by: Mitch M | October 22, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Would it be obscure or out of place to wear a Zorn Seahawks?

Posted by: StetSports.com | October 22, 2008 4:53 PM | Report abuse

hello! jeff george anyone?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 22, 2008 7:53 PM | Report abuse

And I thought I was the last Heath Shuler fan.

Posted by: AlecW81 | October 22, 2008 8:29 PM | Report abuse

Even better than the Ramsey jersey is the mullet on the guy wearing it.

Posted by: Grant | October 22, 2008 11:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Aaron | October 22, 2008 3:33 PM

To keep that jersey from having "Shuler 5" on the back of it?

Posted by: Kev29 | October 23, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I've definitely seen a Wuerffel jersey at Fedex this season, and I vaguely remember seeing a Peete last season.

Posted by: hannnah | October 23, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse