Son of Zorn Also Has Star Power

I was hovering around the pack of journalists still hovering around Jim Zorn way after his press conference had ended yesterday. Aside from being 5-2 as a rookie in a legendarily tough place to coach, the guy has to be easily the most accessible head coach in the NFL. I mean, when I saw him, he was discussing the two drunk fans who had run onto the field. (One of whom was tackled by PR guy Will Norman, incidentally.)

"I thought it was weak, and I think it's disruptive and it's unfair that somebody would choose themselves over what we're trying to get done on the football field," Zorn was saying. "I think it's disruptive. I was very upset at those two fans. Those two guys decided to do whatever they did, and I think it's in poor taste that you can't control yourself in the stands unfortunately, so I hope they get arrested. Whatever the legal thing is, I hope they get it."

As good as this was, I soon noticed the young man standing next to the coach. That would be 13-year old Isaac Zorn. And his sneakers were outstanding.

He had them custom made using his Reebok custom card for about $90. He had never done the same with the Seahawks. As someone who has chronicled Redskins sneakers, I was still impressed. But I was even more impressed when he showed me the back of his shoes. Simply amazing. (Click through the jump.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 20, 2008; 9:44 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Look: Capitals Invade FedEx Field
Next: Redskins Hip Hip Hooray, Take Three

Comments

Randle El made a nice tackle on the other buffoon.

Posted by: inchesfromyourface | October 20, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

If I were Dan Snyder I would have them held in the bowls of FedEx, as soon as I was done cheering the team, like Dan does. I would go down there and re-enact one of two movie scenes.
1. Casino- when DeNero confronts the 2 guys who were trying to cheat the table. Maybe not actually injure them but walk in there with a buzz saw and a hammer and watch them cry.
2. Network- Sit them down in a dark room, (still drunk) and scare them witless like the CEO does to what’s his name.

Posted by: Alex35332 | October 20, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

I think he should have gone with option #3
3. Pulp Fiction - When Zed has Butch Coolidge and Marsellus Wallace kidnapped in the basement of the pawn shop... I'm sure everyone remembers the scene.

Posted by: Zornado | October 20, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Can you say Squeal like a hog boy.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 20, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse

I suggest taking them to Six Flags and put them on one of the rides that routinely break down and leave people hanging upside down for hours or maybe the one that chops people's feet off.

Posted by: Washington DC | October 21, 2008 8:29 AM | Report abuse

The best thing about little Zorn's sneakers is that he's sporting the maroon and black.

Posted by: BabeLaufenberg | October 21, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse